1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kansas City gun clubs?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by culverken, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culverken

culverken Member

I am visiting the Kansas City area this weekend and have some free time on friday. I would like to shoot some skeet and trap. I heard of a place called Powder Creek but they dont rent guns and I dont have mine with me. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!

Ken

2. rocktire

rocktire Member

Kansas city trapshooters association has a great set up. google it for phone numbers

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Ken,

Powder Creek is a great place to shoot, but yes, unfortunately we don't rent guns out.

If I was in town this weekend, I'd go out there with you and let you shoot one of my guns.

Your best bet is KCTA near Smithville, MO. Lynn Gipson runs a great club up there. I don't know if Lynn rents guns, but give him a call.

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

KCTA has a registered shoot this weekend.....Thur. through Sun. Don't know if they allow open shooting at the same time or not......good luck!

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I'm from New England, and I had a very pleasant visit to the Kansas City Trap Shooters Association. I didn't want to travel with my trap gun, and the main reason I went to KCTA was because they had loaners. I was able to borrow a Beretta 391 and an O/U (possibly a Win 101?). KCTA is highly recommended!

LA in MA

6. culverken

culverken Member

I think I am going to give KCTA a try. I gave them a call and they said that they do rent guns. they have a big shoot going on but they will have a few practice traps open. Thanks for all your help.

Ken

7. emm2

emm2 Member

You won't be sorry, Lynn runs a very nice club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.