1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kahr PM9

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by noatrophy, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noatrophy

noatrophy Member

I don't have a concealable handgun yet, but I'm thinking the Kahr PM9 might work for my application.

Anybody have one and can you comment?

Many thanks in advance.

Harry Dinwiddie

2. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I have a CM9 and like it for a carry gun. The triggers aren't the best but overall a nice little gun. Kahr's are well made. I have had zero failures and it shoots accurate for a small frame gun. I bought mine through Cheaper Than Dirt. I would shop around and get one for under $500 though.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Harry...I owned a Kahr CW9 that I tried to use for concealed carry. Great gun! While it was small, accurate, and reliable, the trigger just wasn't "me" so I sold mine to buy a S&W 642 Airweight revolver. I like the S&W much better for my personal requirements. I wanted a pistol/revolver for deep concealment. The 642 is all that and more. Mine is a .38 Special that is also rated for .38+P ammo. Whether it's a 9mm or .38+P, I think both will trip the "lights out" switch on a bad guy..... I have to say this for the Kahr line of pistols, they are a GREAT value for the buck. I, personally, would go with the CW9 over the PM9, just for the economics. Use the money you save and buy some ammo and go shoot it. If it suits your personal needs, go for it. If it doesn't work out for you, you can always trade it off for something else..... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. wlc

wlc Member

I also have a CM9 and think its great. The trigger is long and smooth, it takes practice to leartn to use it well. I find the trigger to be easier to use than a double action revolver and it is easier to conceal.

5. tgs1420@gmail.com

tgs1420@gmail.com Member

http://www.slickguns.com/product/smith-wesson-sd40-ve-standard-capacity-40-sw-pistol-4-barrel-14-rd-two-tone-28399-shipped

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

A little heavy for a pocket gun but I still like mine. Trigger does suck though. Not a target gun, to be sure.

7. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I sold a CM 9 to a guy. The trigger was worse than terrible and the gun did not function worth a crap. We sent the gun to Kahr for the customer and it was quite an ordeal. I will do everything in my power not to deal with Kahr again and if a customer insists that we order them one, I will make a great deal to them....and any future problems is for them to deal with thru Kahr. That is my feeling on their product and customer service. Bryan

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Kahr unofficially says that the gun needs to be shot 200 rounds before it is "bedded in". Bull....oney but probably true.

9. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I have a P40. It's a bit heavy to carry all the time but it'd a quality piece and the S&W.40 is a potent round.

It is typical of striker fired weapons. Long trigger pull but very smooth. Since the gun has no external safety the long trigger pull is desirable.

10. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Handled a S&W Shield today. Nice little gun! Better trigger than on my Kahr, and recoil spring not as stout.

11. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I carry a PM40, and while it's a bitch to shoot - it's quite light for .40 - shooting is the least point of a concealed weapon, once you've got one you can and will hit the target with. You're going to carry it a lot more than you're going to shoot it, and one that you will actually carry is loads better than the ideal gun that sits at home because it's uncomfortable to carry.

My heroine in my novel carries one, too, because I can describe it well.

Tony

12. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

I bought a CM9 for my wife to carry. We have run through about 200 rounds without any issues whatsoever. The PM9 is exactly the same gun, with cut engraving instead of stamped, and a little beveling on the slide. Keep the extra $200 and buy ammo for the CM9. It's a sweet little piece to shoot, and accurate. The trigger is long, like double actions should be, but very smooth with no stacking or rough spots. Budsguns in Lexington,KY has them for $432.
    Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.