1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kahr P380

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bridger, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

I háve had my cc license for over a month but have yet to decide on a firearm. I'm convinced I want something that will fit in a front pocket holster. My son carries the Ruger LCP and likes it but I don't care for the long trigger pull. I have read many good things about Kahr in general and their .380 looks like it would work. Anyone have one and can comment on it? Thanks

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I carry a Kahr .380 daily, in a Recluse pocket holster.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You could step up to more power and not much size difference by going with the 9mm.

4. Kerz

Kerz Member

I searched for the ultimate off duty gun for a few years. Selected the 9 mm Kahr pm9
    Vic

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have two of the 9's. Don't know if the triggers are any better though.

6. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I have a Kahr CW9. I'm very happy with it. Long smooth trigger pull. No safety, no mag disconnect. For a small auto it's quite accurate.

Joe

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Ruger LCP .380 is good in a pocket holster. I like the DeSantis Nemesis.

If you want a real gun I highly recommend the Kahr CW-40 in a good holster. No controls, just a trigger and a mag release. Always goes BANG. Single stack so it is thin. Holds 7 rounds and has a 7 round spare mag.

Jim Skeel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

The p238 us nice as well

9. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Here is my Kahr Custom K9, match fit barrel, custom forged grip to my hand, beveled mag well and action job.

[​IMG]

10. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Bridger - I carried a Sig 232 .380 auto for a few months, but just wasn't comfortable with the trigger. I then switched to a S&W 638 revolver in .38+P and just love it. I carry it from daylight to bedtime in a Galco Pro 158 pocket holster, in my jeans, and I don't know that it is there. More importantly, no one else knows that it is there either. I also carry an additional six round strip in my other pocket. I buy all of my jeans from Duluth, and found the front pockets are extra deep (12 inches). Just a great combination for me.

11. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahr_Arms

I have a hrad time buying a KAHR based on their ownership!

12. creek

creek Member

I have a Kahr P380 and the trigger travel is the same as the LCP and Keltec .380.
    It is double action only, giving you the long trigger pull.
    I am going to go to the Sig P238 when I can find one; it has a short trigger pull.

John (CREEK)

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have owned the Sig 380 and the gun it self is quite nice other than the most important thing, the trigger. All of those small guns in 380 have a really bad triggers. 8 lbs. is way to much for me. That and the long travel makes one not know when it is going to go bang. How in the hell can you hit anything that way?

14. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Been carrying since 1974 and have gone through a lot of guns. I would not carry a .380 due to the lack of power ** and lack of functional reliability. I'm not even comfortable with a 9mm. I do like and have owned Kahrs, but in larger calibers. They are simple, like a revolver. They are what they are designed to be, a nose to nose backup/carry gun. A good choice in the right caliber if you like an auto. Personally, I opt for much more horsepower and am willing to put up with the inconvenience that comes along with that choice.

** My concerns over the 380 are based having seen several folks shot with them who are happily walking around today. One guy in particular had his girlfriend empty a PPK into him. He walked into police headquarters and calmly asked for a ride to the hospital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.