1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KAHR BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATION

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wolfram, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Whether the owners manual states it or not, a 200 round break in period is typical for most autoloading pistols. I would think a person would want to shoot the gun that much just to gain some confidence in the piece.

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If a pistol requires a "break-in" period it wasn't designed/
    manufactured properly. The gun should run from the "get-Go"
    and most do. The smaller you make the gun, the lighter the slide
    becomes. In order to slow the slide velocity and prevent cracking
    you have to put a "God Awful" recoil spring in it. Most women
    can't even pull the slide back.

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Bite the bullet and spend the money for a couple of boxes of WW White box ammo and go break that sucker in. Save the brass for reloading----enjoy. Kahr makes a fine pistol !!!

4. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Skybuster, please call Les Baer and let him know that. He must be doing something wrong.

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Les builds his guns so tight that the Rock can't pull the
    slide back. I've got one. It shoots good but there is no need
    for it to that tight. I also have one of the new Remington
    Enhanced versions and it groups as well as the Baer.

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be too hard to get rid of the CW45. For anyone else who might be reading this and is considering a Kahr...Be Advised: they require a break-in.
    I have a CM9. Very small, lightweight 9mm semi-auto. Before I ever put the first round through it, I cleaned it, lubed it according to the recommendation, then racked it 500 times. Yup...500. Took the magazine out, and just racked the slide back and forth. When I got it to the range...it still exhibited a "break-in" as measured by the rounds it took without issue post-break-in ( light reloaded target rounds) which it had not like when new.
    A Kahr is a great carry gun for a shooter. If someone wants a carry gun they can simply take home with one box of ammo, load her up and forget it...I suggest a small revolver.
    btw: Kahr is introducing a CM45 this year....oughta be a dandy, but of course...it will require a break-in too.

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Mine is a PM40. During the first 80 rounds I wanted to throw the thing away. After that it went smooth and has not jammed since.

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I have a P40. I broke it in. I'd trust my life on it. Hope I never have to prove that.

9. Mike Mahaffy

Mike Mahaffy Member

I have carried a Kahr CW45 for several years now and put my life (and maybe yours) on it. Go ahead with the recommended break in. You will be more than satisfied with the pistol. They are totally reliable, easily carried and concealed, and very accurate. You will not be disappointed.

10. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I have a CM9 and love it for what it is. I've put maybe 250 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Not a gun you want to target practice with but a good little carry gun. Appears to be well made and dependable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cm45 break in

kahr cm45 break in

kahr cw45 owners manual