1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80's being parted out....why?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rick979, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

K80

Why are all the recent K80 adds for just receiver and forend iron? Where are all the barrels going? It would seem to me that by the time you put a barrel and wood on these parts you could have just bought a complete gun. Any ideas? Thank you

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

All K-80 barrels have blown up So you see the only thing left to sell is the recieverand iron

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

ALF: Is this realy happening?

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

If you read the post on trapshooters.com it is .

5. high 2

high 2 Member

I feel left out. What do I need to do to blow my barrels up?

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

shoot foreign loads in them.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Nah,

Just new style AA's reloaded on a P&W press.

ss

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

use snap caps!!..and a release trigger!!

tony

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

the better question is why would someone pay $4500 for a receiver when by the time you add wood and a barrel you are looking at approx $8500 and then you might as well just buy a whole gun.

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've done this with Beretta's for years, like a lot of others. I can part one out for more money than selling it whole. The only ones I won't break-up anymore is early 680/682 #'s matching unsingle combo's. These are worth more when kept #'s matching.

ss

11. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

since when are "parts piles" worth as much as all matching s/n guns??

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You wont see many PGun receivers and irons for sale unless they're being parted out.

Since a standard K80 is not a removable trigger gun ( i know, they made the RT model ) and when the trigger, usually a release trigger goes south, the shooter has to change out the receiver until he can get it to release trigger maker or an authorized K smithy.

That's why I like the P's. Just replace the spring or slap another trigger in and go on. Let's weigh this out Kgun= $6 grand spare. Pgun=$900. spare trigger or $35. spring that doesn't require a smithy to put it in and the first two springs and the tool to replace one come with the gun when bought new.

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I don't own a K80 as I can't afford one. There are many that shoot them and can afford them.

If you have ever been on the line and had a gun break down you know you have two choices. One get another gun or repair yours. Two you can drop out and except the low score you may be faced with.

Many are buying R&I to get a back up for a lot less money as in a break down you just put your barrels on and you are good to go. This is what I was told by a couple that I know that own K80's

Bob Lawless

14. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

If I'm in the market for a gun I would prefer receiver and iron only. I'm a lefty and nothing factory fits me anyway. So I build stuff from scratch. Now I went this route when shopping for a K-80. I found the receiver and iron at the Grand and got a "Show Special". Then I found a near perfect set of wood on TS.com. And the barrel on Gunbroker.com. All and all I saved about $5,000.00. Dearlers usually won't part out a new gun and everyone wants custom this and custom that these days. Dave T.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have for many years carried a spare receiver and forend iron for my K-80. If my gun breaks I can quickly put on a new receiver and get back to shooting. Carrying a spare receiver is much easier than carrying a spare gun. I like my K-80 but now and then a part will fail. This seems to only happen when I am shooting the gun and I need a quick fix.

Pat Ireland

16. dverna

dverna Active Member

I also carry a spare receiver for my K-80. I could carry a spare gun, but that is too much to lug around to shoots.

It never occurred to me to also carry a spare forend iron. That may explain why my gun does not open the same when the spare receiver is used. Thank you Mr. Ireland.

Don Verna

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- The only reason I carry the spare forend iron is that I bought the receiver and forend iron as a package.

Pat Ireland

18. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Damn you guys are too well funded....$15K guns and $5K spares.....nice!

19. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned

If mine breaks I'll borrow one from my wife or either kid!!

20. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I don't see how you could save $5,000 on a $9,000 gun by buying the individual parts. Lets see: receiver and iron for $2,000, barrel for $1,500 and wood for $500. Yeah, that does it.....Sounds reasonable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.