1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Wood on a 32

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3200, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3200

3200 TS Member

Other than the small V that is left behind the trigger guard when fitting K80 wood to a 32 are there any other 'gotchas' one should know about? The reason I as is that I have a Krieghoff 32, ser # 17xx. When comparing the tang on the K80 to the tang on the 32, there appears to be a slight difference. The area on the tang where it narrows to its final width on the K80 appears to have a even radius. Whereas the same area on the 32 is tapered. The length of the taper is longer than the length of the radius. Thoughts?

2. 3200

3200 TS Member

I'll answer my own thread . . .

Spoke to KI this morning. In the case of my Model 32, with the early serial number, there is a difference that inhibits fitting K80 wood. It can be done, but is left to qualified individuals. Guess I'll be sending the wood and receiver to Ottsville . . . .

3. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

You can send it to Ottsville, but I don't know why. Any good stock maker can inlet and glass bed a stock for you, probably better and cheaper. I like to use;

Mark Deprez
    5709 Turkey Hill Road
    Conesus, NY 14435
    (585) 346-2425

He just fitted and bedded a K80 stock that came off another gun but nonetheless would not fit the one I wanted to put it on...his work is impeccable.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.