1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 with RT Opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Ok if you are not a k80 fan keep your opinions to yourself. Anybody owned one with a removeable trigger or have first hand knowledge about the good or the bad? Help me out. Regards, Bill

2. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Bill, I had one for years. Never had a problem with it for the four years that I shot it for everything. Switched over to double release...still no problem.
    Don Kerce

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I have a K80RT and I think it is fine. I use pull pull, and nary a problem. It is also less expensive than regular K80's because of the extra effort necessary for release triggers.
    Dave

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

All American Joe Charnigo shoots one for doubles. He is blistering fast and he averaged over 98% for the year with the RT.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a K80 gold superscroll if you are interested- gold target top latch as well

It has great wood, adjustable comb and a RAD on it

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. KGUN

KGUN TS Member

Bill, I only know one guy with an rt and he loves it. My question is why would Krieghoff stop making it? The removable trigger is obvouisly an appealing feature. Why would they remove it from their lineup and not replace it with anything close? If you really want to know, ask Krieghoff.Just my thoughts.

8. g7777777

They stopped making it because they were having trouble with the release trigger- designed too fast and they werent happy themselves with the result

Second reason is that the buttstocks are not interchangeable so that had some negatives as far as their entire remainder of the line being completely interchangeable

Third- the action is a little bulkier and frankly so little ever goes wrong with a Krieghoff- why do you need a removable trigger?

The RTs sell for a discount- no question- and I have that gold superscroll that I own myself -------- the discount is probably --hmmm about 1000 for a standard grade and more for engraved guns-- on the used gun market--

lets figure just discount on actions- that is easier- I think comparable actions the discount is from 25-30 percent (and dont shoot me if you own one- I own one myself)-- not on the entire gun but on the action component--

If you are a pull trigger shooter- no problems- if you are a release- they have had problems- whether those are corrected to Krieghoffs complete satisfaction I dont know but the volume they were selling was small compared to their main line and Krieghoff has always had a finite production -- they dont surge and make up new numbers for marketing like one of their competitors does

Regards from Iowa

9. bigben

bigben Active Member

I own both, the RT has the best trigger this side of a Seitz including my P gun no problems ever, a friemd of mine has 140,000 documented rounds through his, no problems, the receivers on my Krieghoffs are the same as I measure them, for both the RT and std. Krieghoffs. try it it's fine, incinerate em!

10. g7777777

You can visually see the RT is much different- where it fits into the stock

measure again

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.