1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 VS KX5 trigger question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JimmyP, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

For those of you that have owned or shot both, How do the triggers on the KX5 and K80 compare? I know the quality is equal but are the triggers the same as in crispness, style, travel, lock time, etc... I am going to buy a new gun and was just wondering. If anyone knows a little about the triggers and the difference in the two could you please educate me a little. Thanks

Jimmy

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Both function excellently IF set up properly. There are more internal parts that affect the K-80 trigger group, so keeping one "in tune" is more demanding than with a KX-5. Those triggers are very simple and are of the set-it-and-forget-it variety.

For repairs on a KX-5 trigger, see a gunsmith. For repairs on a K-80 trigger, see a Krieghoff gunsmith.

Ed

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ed- Very nice concise summary.

Pat Ireland

4. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Ed summed it up. I have a KX-5 and K-80 with releases set up as per factory specs. Although the feel is slightly different when setting the trigger(s), I cannot tell any difference in speed, etc. The K-80 has far more complicated triggers. Both are excellent and hold their adjustment well in my experience.

5. Clay McCracken

Clay McCracken TS Member

I have always been able to get the KX-5 trigger "better" than the K-80. The need to keep the K-80 from doubling is the reason.

I like ZERO creep and 2 1/2 lbs. on a KX-5 and that's easy to accomplish with simple adjustments, wheras the K-80 will require stoning and many assembly cycles to get close.

Your results may vary. Member FDIC.

Mike T.

6. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Shoot a K-80 and a KX-5 -- K-80 is great -- KX-5 in my case was better -- very very fast almost a hair trigger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.