1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 VERSUS K32 KREIGHOFF

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PINOYSHOOTER, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

WHICH IS ONE BEST FOR TRAPSHOOTING? K80 OR K32.

THANK YOU.

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

In a word. SAME

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

depends but really not much difference and any upgrade to a K80 that you want can also be made to the K32

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I have heard that the K-32 is softer-shooting because it has a softer metal in the receiver, but I'm not sure if that is really true or not.

The reason that I chose a K-32 is that the comb on the stock is thinner and it fits my face better, and the gun is lighter weight (because the receiver is lighter, I am told).

The K-32 was my personal preference, because I'm a woman. You should base your choice on what is best for you.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The "softness" in Model 32 receivers refers to the fact that they are not hardened as much as K-80 receivers are. The difference is nowhere near enough to make one shoot softer than the other and any receiver that was that soft would not be safe to use. A lot of Krieghoff owners actually prefer the Model 32 because the receiver can be engraved - if a K-80 receiver isn't engraved before the hardening process is done, it never can be.

And like Gene said, any improvements that the K-80 might have over the Model 32 can be performed as an update to the 32, even including that extra hardening (although I can't see anyone thinking they need it).

Ed

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Does the M-32 have the same type a "adjustable rib/barrel" a the K-80 ?

Pat Ireland

8. recurvyarcher

Pat, I imagine that your question is rhetorical, as I would be very suprised if you didn't know the answer to that. You are like a walking library to me. So that is a good point...if you need an adjustable rib, the K-32 doesn't have it. The POI is adjustable on the lower barrel by changing the hangers...same as on the K80.

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

In many circles the M32 barrels are preferred - I have no empirical knowledge to back that. My M32 guru, a Krieghoff trained smith who worked for the factory before retiring says, "...not one thing wrong with the M32, no need whatsoever to upgrade with K80 parts, and it will last a life time." Of course the M32 has been around a bit longer and is likely to have had more usage than the average K80 but, heck, Bordeaux wines are better with age too, eh?. Besides, it fit's recurvyarcherr's purdy face!...breakemall....Bob Dodd

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

I was advised to buy a K-80 because by the time you pay for the "upgrades" on a K-32 you are close to the price of a decent K-80. Plus the K-80 has the adjustable POI on the unsingle.

Stock fit was a non-issue as I have a fat head (as attested by my ex) and I need either a custom stock or PFS for the gun to fit.

I did buy a K-32 stock with Gracoil for my K-80 (needs some minor fitting for the trigger guard) but it kicked more than the wood K-80 stock. That took me to the PFS. Now I am pretty happy.

Don

11. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

You can save several thousand by going to a k-32. I like the trigger shoe better on the k-80 and that is all. "upgrades" to the k 32 can be done for about $900 by kreighoff international.
    If you have the trigger guard changed to a k-80 style all of the k80 stocks will fit.
    I like the k32 barrels because they were fixed chokes. Have briley choke them and the barrel is 4+ oz lighter than the k80 barrels.
    K80 barrels are interchangable with the 32.
    32 came as a top single.

12. recurvyarcher

I also like the K-32 trigger and guard. I hear everyone likes to upgrade them, but I had no problem with the regular K-32 trigger.

Thanks for the compliment, Bob. You may move ahead 3 scissor-steps. :)

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually that K32 trigger shoe was designed for precision let off- look at it- it looks somewhat like an international target trigger blade

I use a K32 trigger in a lightweight K80 receiver for a hunting gun

they used to get requests at Ottsville- maybe 5- 10 a year for K32 triggers- probably still do

Gene

14. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

24str8, when Remington joined the WWII rush for arms and gear, they no longer made the Rem. 32. Actually, I think they dropped the gun even before the war. But, the continuing saga is that Krieghoff, after the war and into the 1950s, acquired the rights to make the gun and bought everything from Remington. They built some 1000 or less guns using the spare Rem. parts but rather quickly began building in improvements that made the internals "better." The answer is NO, in most cases they are not simply Remingtons with the exception of a few very early ones and you can tell which is which at http://www.krieghoff.co.uk/271.html - or mash on the page above. My M.32 is #919 and it has the Krieghoff internals, not Remington and was shipped to the U.S. in 1961. So there's always some question about the early ones and how many were assembled with Rem. parts. Of course, if you're just funning, ya got me!

As far as your alphabet, it strikes me that A is better than B which is better than C and so on so wouldn't #11 be considerably better than #16?....<;-)

I do repeat what my guru said, a German who was a factory smith in Ulm, that there is no, zero, nada need to "upgrade" the M.32 with K-80 parts - except to say you did!

Curvy, when no one is looking, I still run with scissors so I'm not sure where to go with your award? :-0....Bob Dodd

15. k80jim

k80jim Member

This is just my take on it. My wife has / maybe had, might be sold a K32 with skeet barrels, tubed.. And a K80 trap combo 32" 30" I have a K80 Trap Combo 34" 30" and skeet tubes,"For Sale" see add this site. All the barrels and receivers will swap from gun to gun without any problem. The stocks will change if you change the trigger guard on the K32 to the K80 type. If you wanted to engrave your gun you would have to have the K32. As the K80 is harden. The trigger springs in the K32 and early K80's can be changed in about 5 to 10 mins. and the springs are cheep. I think they changes the springs from a little curly Q type spring to a coil type around ser. # 20,000 but don't hold me to that. I had Dockwiller change my K80 to the new type just so I did not have to worry about them. The curly type need to be changed every year of so. Not a big deal, just did not want to worry about them. Doc did the change over but said I should have just keep the old style, there was nothing wrong with it. He also said there were some cocking rods that broke in the early K80's because the were too hard. The softer K32 never broke just wore down over time. Hard to beat either gun. You can save a lot of money from an older K32 to a newer K80. I have shot both, no difference in recoil. Just between the stocks and the weight, not K32 vs K80. Good Luck with what ever gun you end up with.

K80Jim

16. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I have an older Model 32 #797. Skeet gun. Fantastic. No problems with it and I did save a lot of money. Dave T.

17. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

I have a later K32 ( sn 80xx ) 28" SK/SK ( had briley tubes put in the 12ga )and brily ultimate ultralites in 20-28-410. Gun was made in 1972 ( I think, but I would have to check again ). I bought it in 1988, shoot it whenever I shoot, orignal red wood, on it's 3rd recoil pad, wood uncut ( s/n: still present on buttstock under pad ). Each year I remove the stock and clean it and add a little lube ... Never broke down once on me, never had it serviced either !
    personally I like the K32's as I prefer the blued receivers, the engraved ones are gorgeous ! I also like the K80's when they have the blue or case colored receivers ... Wish I could afford a 'backup' like the K80, my my remington 3200 is close enough for now until I win the lottery !'I guess it's personal preference and how much money you have to spend, one thing to be careful of is the K32's is I have seen a bunch where barrels were swapped around, parts etc and while they shoot they do not seem 'right' like barrels seem to not open smooth and/or top latch hangs ... my guess is the barrels were not fit right and/or parts replaced by someone who was not an authorized krieghoff person.
    Another thing to check is the barrel date compared with the frame serial number, if it's a late K32 ( sn: 10,000 etc ) and the barrels are dated in the 1960's then something is wrong and verify the sn's match ( but they can be changed to match also ... which USUALLY means they were fit properly ... but if
    not original the value is somewhat reduced ... especially try on 'put together 4-barrel sets ...

good luck you really cannot go wrong with either one, a Used K80 may hold it's value better than a K32 though ...

-oo

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I looked for a while for a clean K-32 combo as I don't have K80 play money, there did not seem to be a ton of them available.I settled for a 90T and a 3200 and I'm happy with the performance of both, for now...

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

The K-80 has a method of changing the POI on the single barrel without changing the comb or angle of the rib. No other gun has this system and I believe it is a superior system. The screw at the front end of the rib will bend the barrel up or down.

Pat Ireland

20. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Pat,

Do you think the barrel likes being bent. I think it's important to shoot a happy gun with a straight barrel. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
k32 value vs k80
k32 vs 3200

k32 vs k80

k80 stock on k32 reciever
rem 32 vs k80
will k80 butt stock fit a k32 receiver