1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Trap Special vs ACS.....what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

K80 Trap Special vs ACS.....what

So I was looking around the Krieghoff website and I can't seem to be able to tell if there is any significant difference between their Trap Special model and the ACS model. The reason I'm looking is that in addition to Trap, I would also like the use the double for Sporting and the occasional round of Skeet so the ACS model looks really interesting. However, as I look at the two, I don't really see any major differences between them so I also don't understand why the TS is more expensive.

From what I can tell:
    1) The ACS looks to have a slightly lower comb.
    2) The ACS has the O/U from the Pro-Sporter where as the TS has a slightly higher rib on the O/U.
    3) The Unsingle barrel looks to be the same.

So it just seems to me that the ACS is set-up with slightly lower ribs and comb, BUT both have the same range of adjustability. Has anyone looked at the ACS? Is there something else that's different?

Thanks

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Buy a Blaser super trap. Less money, weight system And everything is interchangeable. Great triggers not outdated hammers. great warranty. Switch from trap to sporting in mintues. Made in Germany also.

3. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

smsnyder have you ever had a chance to shoot a K-80? you always seem to have a beef with one. How much trouble as a K-80 ever given you?

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

A Blaser will always be a wannabe K-80. Not a bad gun and fairly priced but not likely to hold up nearly as long as a K-gun!!

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

considering that gently used K80 TS combos can be had for just over the cost of a new Blaser, price is not really an issue. I need to try and get my hands on a TS and a Kolar Max TA to try and compare. Also a P-gun would be nice, but finding any one of these to try out is very hard.

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Try to get $16000 for a new K80 combo once you buy it?( Big Looser) As far as the Blaser's recoil there is very little. The weight ystem takes care of that. Both guns are quality and both are made my Germans. Blaser just has the edge in resale, Quality, Technolgy and more. $8995 for a blaser combo and $16,000 for a Krieghoff combo. $7000 more for a Krieghoff can't be justified. Ask the VP of Blaser USA. He worked for Krieghoff. Nothing wrong with a Krieghoff if can buy a used one right. Speedy Who, The Blaser is more heavy without the weights installed than a Krieghoff. I know i weighted them both. Less weight means more recoil so your thory on recoil for a Blaser has a big hole in it.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

OK, I'll give Blaser one attaboy. Their stocks are some of the best fitting factory stocks in the business-better than Krieghoff.

Now I'm sure someone will surely get on here and tell us the Beretta 682 and the Cynergy is just as good as a Blaser and cheaper!!

8. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

smsnyder....What's the deal, are you pimping Blaser for a sponsorship of some sort? The weight system you keep referring to in your posts is probably less effective than you think. The real recoil reduction comes from the 275 pounds of dead weight standing behind the gun. Your Friend, Crazy Chester

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I have nothing against the Blaser and if I find one to try out, I would gladly do so.

But for this post, I was simply trying to find out the differences between the ACS and TS. Given that I don't really see much of a difference between the two. I would be more inclined to get a TS with the higher ribs and then just adjust the rib down when using it for Sporting/Skeet. I don't really see a reason to buy the ACS then, am I missing something?

Also the idea is to set everything (both ribs and comb) for Trap and then just lower the Rib on the O/U to use for Sporting. Seems easy enough, but would this work in real life?

Thanks

10. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

so did anyone actually answer this guys question or is everyone too busy debatting the K80 vs. the Blaser issue?

11. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I can't speak for the other model you mentioned but my Trap Special is easily adjustable with a dial(no shims). It is truly a great gun. Perfect in every detail. You couldn't find a flaw in that gun if you tried. Look for a used gun that you can try before you buy. My opinion is that a good used gun is the best deal. It's kind of like buying a car. Let someone else take the big hit, then swoop in for the deal. All one has to do to dispel the myth of Blaser having the edge in resale value is to look at a few used Blaser ads on the internet or for sale at gun shops. I don't see it. Blaser may eventually begin to hold their value like a Krieghoff but they are not there yet. To get a gun that even looks as good as a standard model K80 you will be spending more than has been represented on this post. And just because a guy used to work for John Deere doesn't mean that he can make a better tractor does it? The one Blaser that I shot seemed to kick alot harder than my SKB 85TSS or my K80 Trap Special. Neil Swenson

12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The ACS has a lower rib about 15mm. The Trap Special is a lot high about 20mm and the adjustments on the TS has a larger range.
    I would go with the ACS or Pro Sporter. I been looking at it my self.
    I have a Caesar Guerini that been a great gun. When I got my CG I shot the old Blaser didn't like it. Shot the K-gun nice. Kolar another great gun. After shooting all the gun the same day 50 rounds each. I came home with the CG. I just though the price and gun was the best deal.
    Now I'm looking for a high rib sporting gun. The CG Impact is out. To much like my trap gun. Pro sporter back in the running along with the Blaser Super Sport. If I don't like the high rib sporting gun. I would go with a Beretta DT10.
    All this means nothing to most people because we all have different point of view on guns. This is what works for my style of shooting.
    You will be the only one at the end with the check book buying the gun. Take your time and shoot as many guns that you think work for you.
    Good luck
    John

13. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Thanks guys....now to try and and find some to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
k 80 acs
k-80 super trap combo for sale
k80 acs
k80 acs for sale

krieghoff acs

krieghoff acs for sale

krieghoff k 80 trap special
krieghoff trap special vs acs