1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Trap Special Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by VAMiket, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

Thinking about a K80 Trap Special for doubles. If you are shooting one I would like to hear your pros and cons about your experiences. Also, standard TS rib or Pro rib.

Thanks.

2. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

I enjoy shooting my Trap Special. The only thing I changed was I went from the 32" O/U barrels to the 30". These were easier to swing for me. If I were to buy another, I would buy a K-80 Trap Special, 34" Un-single, 30" O/U, No wood and have a custom stock built right away. I did all of this separately.

Good luck.

Cory

3. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Not every one can shoot a high rib. Try one first.

I love mine now: but I struggled for months.

Don Verna

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I think I agree with Cory...I have the TS in 34/32...I don't shoot the o/u barrels...only shot 50 rounds with them, for me they swing slow and heavy.
    I shoot my MX10 O/U for doubles, works great.
    I really like the unsingle for singles and caps. Probably would have gotten the 30" O/U bbls if I did it again. My P gun is 32"OU.
    Good luck, puablo

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I know Rick Marshall shoots the 30" and Harlan Campbell shoots 32" but he did try the 30"s. I shot both my old stlye 32" Krieghoff barrels and the high rib 32' for a while on two different guns. The high ribs gets your head more upright.

As far as weight goes, I actually weighed Perazzi 32" MX 10 barrels and my Krieghoff 32" Trap Special barrels. They weighed the same. Now the Krieghoff barrels do seem to swing slower and I would say it's due to the longer reciever putting the weight a bit farther from your shoulder.

Mark Zauhar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.