1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Trap Special Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blackfoot, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I have a question about the K80 Trap Special Barrels. I read in Krieghoff's literature that:

The Unsingle High Post Barrel is for shooting"off the barrel" and

the Top single barrel is for shooting " off the bead".

I don't know what those terms mean- float the bird above the barrel on the Unsingle and cover the bird w/ the Top single?

I am just switching over to the top single barrel and am not sure how to setup the barrel sight picture- I used to float the bird slightly w/ the Unsingle barrel I have.Not sure what to do on the top single.

Thanks for an insight you can give me.

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

If it were me I would hit the pattern board and set both barrels to shoot same poi.
    If you do not have access to both barrels. Then it will take some shooting to figure it out.
    By the way,I love my trap special unsingle.

3. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

I agree with goose2-- hit the board and make the new one shoot where the old one did.

You do not want to consciously "float" the bird but you do want to see it over the barrel.

When the POI is "right" the gun will go off automatically and you will not have to consciously pull the trigger.

Just look at the target and let it break on its own.

Do not worry about un vs top and just shoot the gun.

If you have questions shoot me an email. pk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.