1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 TRAP SPECIAL BARREL ADJUSTMENT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Terminator, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

Hi
    I am having problems loosening the lock screw in the end of the rib that locks the adjustment wheel for the rib adjustment on my trap special O/U barrel.I have never adjusted it since I bought the gun. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can go to the auto parts store and get some statring fluid. Spray liberally at the point where the scew is secured. Mine was not that tight.. Mine was also not loctited. The starting fluid will not harm your blueing. You need to get is as cold as possible. Then it shoud break. Do not force it, that is a very small allen head. One millimeter. Hope this helps, Roy You can also put it in the freezer

3. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

In my life I have always found that either heat, vibration, or both used together will loosen almost anything.

Remember the old screw removers they used for disassembly of the early 2-stroke motorcycles? It usually had a phillips head and you would twist the tools body in the direction you wanted the screw to go, and then hit the other end with a hammer and presto you unloosened or tightened the screw as needed.

Try a variation of these methods and it sould work for removing the screw. I would also try some penatrating oil first and let it soak in overnight before attempting to remove the screw. I have the same gun and you should NEVER LOCKTIGHT THAT SCREW.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.