1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Trap O/U Hanger Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 101voodoo, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Which hanger normally comes standard on a K80 O/U trap barrel? A #3?

Looking to match the bottom POI with the top barrel, its currently got a #1.

Jim

2. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

It could be any # hangar. Whatever it came from the factory with was what it took to shoot parallel(spelling). You will have to shoot it on the bench to find out. I would guess it came with a #4 as that is what most of them take to shoot the same both barrels. Krieghoff has a trade program if you are interested. Be aware that choke tube and fixed choke have different hangars. Hope this helps a little.

Jimmy

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Using the Winston Method, establish your top barrel POI with comb adjustment, if that is applicable. Then, your bottom barrel. Each number higher roughly lowers bottom barrel POI 10%.

If you have a #1, your bottom barrel likely shoots fairly high. This might not be a bad thing for Dubs.

4. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Thanks for your help guys -

Coach,

Initially I thought that having the bottom barrel shoot high was a good thing, but have since changed my mind. I figure that if everything hits the same spot its got to be easier on the 'targeting computer'.

Jimmy,

I've got the unsingle set to match the under barrel's POI, and it's one line above the '0'. The manual shows one line=5" and each # increase on the hanger=2.5", so I figure 3 must be about right.

I'll call Ottsville and see if they'll swap hangers for me.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.