1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 To add trap special rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tj303, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

I bought a Trap Special barrel and had it fitted to my standard K-80. With the rib being so much higher you have to have tall posts made/installed on your stock or have a new high comb made. I made a new high comb and it works well. If I did this project again I would probably buy a complete Trap Special and sell the old K-80.

2. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I have a couple of Krieghoff barrels with MoneyMaker ribs on them and love them. You can start a real project gun here if you are not careful. I found a high comb custom aftermarket stock and forearm on GunBroker for $1200 (beautiful wood). If you are careful you will have 1/2 the price of a new TS but you still will not have a true TS - I also have a couple of barrels with other aftermarket high ribs that are great as well. Because of the quantity of high rib barrels I have collected and do not use I would part with a 32" O/U and 34" over single as a set for $5000. Both barrels are K32, have removable chokes, Money Maker ribs and a small selection of chokes for each set - trap type chokes. The chokes are different. I don't remember the brand but the over single has flush chokes and the other barrel has extended chokes. I shot the barrels on a K80. Great barrels that shoot good - I just don't use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.