1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

k80 thread cleaning tool

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by skeeter1956, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

0   0   0

i have a k80 and the bottom barrel choke thhread is a bit tight to get the choke into. i spoke to a guy who told me of a tool you can buy to clean and re-cut the factory thread. anyone know of such an item and where to get one? thanks des

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Send it to Krieghoff and have them do it with the proper tools. If you crossthread it, repair is going to be VERY expensive or impossible, and I doubt you can buy a tool that will to as good a job as the tools Krieghoff owns.

3. cnsane

cnsane Member

0   0   0

I use a 10 gauge brass brush chucked up in a cordless drill and run it in reverse after I jam it straight in half way past the threads. It just unscrews itself along with any crap in the barrel threads.

One of the ways we deal with a flat thread in industrial maint. is to unscrew it about a quarter turn from tight and tap it straight into the barrel using the butt of a hammer handle. Then loosen it another quarter turn and repeat, until you've done it for a couple of full revolutions. Failing that, send the barrel to Ottsville inside a piece of PVC pipe with threaded end caps and lots of bubble wrap around the barrel and a dish towel inside each end of the tube.

4. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

0   0   0

thanks guys, ottsville is a bit far [ i'm in australia] local machinist cleaned the gunk out. now is just like a new one . many thanks des

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cleaning a k80