1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Super Sport vs. Kolar SC Max

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MACH4RANDY, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACH4RANDY

MACH4RANDY Member

I can tell you after spending 2 days at the Kolar plant in Wisconson. There is no gun of better quality I am sure. Every part of the gun is made from a solid block of 4130 chromoly steel, every barrel is tested for pressure and point of impact. Their hands on and attention to detail was amazing. Closest thing I have ever seen to a bespoke custom gun without the price.

2. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I know which one will hold its value better and be easier to sell if you choose to later on.

3. Quack_kills

Quack_kills TS Member

My vote goes to Kolar, I recently purchased a new Max. I could not be any happier, it is my opinion that the new Kolars have the best triggers in the industry. Kolar may have had some issues in the early years, but those have since been fixed. I do believe Kolar has a stronger following in skeet, with what seems to be about half or more of the top shooters, shooting a Kolar. Resale was a problem with the earlier issues, but it does seem to be improving, especially on skeet guns. In regards to the K Pro vs. the Max, Kolar wins hands down with there rib design. Krieghoff for whatever reason did not make the new rib adjustable, like Kolar or anyone else for the most part. Of course this is all my opinion...I feel that Kolar has a lot to offer, and will continue to become more popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.