1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Stock Fitting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ErnieB, Jul 1, 2013.

1. ErnieB

ErnieB TS Member

Hey all,

I recently purchased a K80 with upgraded Bavaria wood. The wood is awesome but the LOP is way too long for my short T-Rex arms. My local gunsmith is on the road until August and I would like to get fitted to the gun and have the stock shortened. I am thinking of an adjustable butt plate as well just to fine tune the LOP. I am in the Salt Lake City area and Karl McKnight will be a road warrior for the next month or so. Can anyone recommend someone that can provide good service for stock fitting and cutting? If I have to I will drive to CO, MT, NV, WY or AZ to get it done.

Thanks!

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

If you can find no one closer to you, http://www.ssplusstocks.net are excellent. They are in Polson, Montana.

Rollin

3. ErnieB

ErnieB TS Member

Thanks so much for the tip.

4. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

If you have great faith in Karl McKnight, then I would be patient....

Mike

5. ErnieB

ErnieB TS Member

Hi Mike,

I have faith in Karl. He has been very friendly and helpful and I have a ton of stuff I would like done to my sporting clays gun when we can finally hook up. Because of our work and travel schedules we just won't cross paths until late August /early September. I admit.. I'm a bit impatient as I really want to get shooting this new gun.... a lot..

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

This should help with the link. Looks like they know what they are doing.

7. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Phil Simms is in W. Colorado. Karl is a good dude though.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

btw- It might be simpler, less expensive and much quicker to just purchase another stock

When you said you have a "lot of things" you wanted done- the cash register is ching ching chinging along

Regards from Iowa

Gene