1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 serial numbers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnboy, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnboy

johnboy Member

I over heard this during a sale of a K80; Seller was asked about serial numbers on receiver and barrel not matching and the seller's reply was that Krieghoff does not match serial numbers but puts whatever type barrel the customer wants on the receiver. Was this BS?

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

No BS---They will mark any sr # you wish since the bbl's are an option that is purchesed with the gun---Many receivers are not matched up with orig purchase.
    I have a k-80 bought new with bbl's but now have different bbl's and they would not match but I could bring the bbl's back to Krieghoff and they will # them as I wish---Hope that helps---SJB---

3. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

I was told if the gun came from Germany with the barrels fitted the numbers will be the same on the receiver and barrels. Most of the K80s receivers come to this country with no barrels fitted to them, the barrels are fitted here.

4. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Bought a trap special o/u at the Grand from Alamo. They start out with a receiver, add the stock you pick out, and then the barrels you want IE 32" o/u in my case. My barrels were professionally fit, but are not numbered to the receiver. GaryL.

5. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

I bought my k-80 TS in 2007, new. Including the shipping box and foam packing. Parts still rapped in plastic in the case. Unopened. Really NIB.

All matching SN. Bls, rcvr and iron. Both bls. O/U and UNS.. Even the wood had the last 4 digits of the SN in ink.

I like it that way. Matching numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.