1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 RT Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smp005, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smp005

smp005 Member

Can someone explain to me the difference between the standard K80 and the K80RT? I understand the removable trigger - I've just noticed that the RT models don't seem to hold the value that the standard K80 does...

Thanks!

Scott Powell

2. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Scott,
    K-80 RT's have gotten a reputation for not being as reliable as the standard K-80. Many of the people that have owned them say they are fine. I've only owned standard k-80's so I really can't speak from first hand experience on comparing the two but from what I've read on this site there is really no difference in reliability between them unless you are shooting a release trigger when then you should avoid the RT.

Whether it is deserved or not, RT's definitly sell for less than standard k-80's so just keep that in mind when looking at one.

3. smp005

smp005 Member

That is what the research I've been doing has turned up as well.. Since I do not shoot a release trigger, I think I'm going to look around and see if I can find one - I'd love to have a standard K80 but with funding ATA shooting for myself, my son and my daughter, it's not in the budget - no problem though, it's worth the sacrifice to see them shoot!!!

I've always shot other shooter's K-guns well and really want to go that route.. Something has to happen, I've handed down my SKB combo to my son so he can shot doubles this year...

Thanks!

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

smp005,

I am in agreement with Krieghoffkrusher. I believe that the RT has been handed a bad rep for really no reason. I've herd of the problems with a release in one, but believe that is a non issue with those shooting a pull trigger. Krieghoff only made the RT for a couple of years, and I think that this has also played into the bad rep the gun has.

The only other difference between the RT and the standard is the stock. The two will not interchange. Keep this in mind when looking for one. Restocking it will be a little harder and a bit more expensive.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.