1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Replacing Perazzi as Top Gun??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

People are finally starting to wake up and understand that the K80 is a superior firearm than the Perazzi.

Nothing can beat german engineering.

2. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

At the club I shoot at, I've seen more "P" guns replaced by "K" guns than the other way around. You can certainly break targets with either, but the consistent comment I've heard is that the "K" recoils less, which, IMHO, is a function of proper gunfit rather than relative weight, or an advantage in build quality. JoeBerg

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Big Al,

Nothing but a B-17 and General Patton!

ec90t

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

The "K" gun popularity seems more prevalant in the mid-west and the east coast than it is west of the Rockies. Here on the west coast, Perazzi is still the king, with Kolar coming on strong. Although Kreighoffs are beginning to make a good showing at some shoots, they are still completely outnumbered by Perazzi's. I think it is more of a geographical thing.....Just my observation....Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. steevo

steevo TS Member

Here on the east coast (NH and MA specifically) the K guns seem a more popular than the P guns. Just my opinion

6. steevo

steevo TS Member

Personally, I wasn't saying either is the best gun made. I don't have an opinion on that. And I really don't care. I was just saying that I tend to see more K guns around here than P guns.

7. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Perazzi makes about 2000 guns a year and Krieghoff makes about 200 a year. That's as of the last 5 years. Maybe Kreighoff has stepped up production. I dunno. Todd

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Perazzi-MX8..... You will get no argument from this side of the room on that statement. I must admit, however, that I did own a KS-5 Special once upon a time and it was a very well made gun. Better than a Perazzi? Who knows? I think they are both made extremely well. I just like the way the Perazzi feels in my hands and how it moves smoother to the target than the Kreighoff did. For my money, and my stlye of shooting, the Perazzi is my gun of choice. Now, which Perazzi is the best trap gun? Hands down, the DB-81 Combo wins my vote. Had a TMX, MX3, MX-14, MX-15/MX-8 combo, and 2 DB-81's. I have shot, at one time or another, just about every model Perazzi available and the DB-81 suits me the best, followed by the MX-8 Special combo's..... Just my opinion.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. RBur

RBur TS Member

The longest line at any major shoot is at the "Perazzi" repair tent.

Just kidding!!!

Ron Burdick

10. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Patton studied German war tactics as well as many others.

German Tanks were far superior than American tanks in open field fighting.

Blitzkrieg is nothing more than "shock and awe".

German MG42 was the most feared field gun in the war. In fact the Americans attempted to desensitise the draftees during training because the 42 made such a horrific sound when it opened up.

BMW's and Mercedes are still better engineered cars than anything we have.

Sieg Heil!!!

My original reply was only casting a buzz bait into a patch of lilies in hopes of a linker.

I shoot a K80 and get bombed by the Perazzi guys.

In fact, the one club I visited, within the first 5 minutes of me putting my gun on the rack, a guy walked up to me (serious as a hear attack) and told me I was in Perazziville.

No shit!

I love all you guys that shoot. I could care less what gun you have, you are all good guys and i have yet to find 2 shooters I just can't stand to be around. i can't say one because there is one guy at my home gun club that I just can't stand. And he shoots a Kriegoff too. Just a total kooker nut.

Seriously.... I was just messin with the Perazzi thing.

See you all at the PA shoot on Friday.

11. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

isn't the krieghoff 32 a copy of the remington model 32 (from 1932)?

12. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

"Perazzi the best trap gun ever produced?" Hardly! The most prolific? Maybe, but any mechanical device that has fostered seperate industries to produce replacement parts could hardly be considered "The best".

Buz

13. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

It seems to me that dominate gun goes in waves. Perazzi has been king for along time as far as number of shooters but it does seem that Krieghoff is gaining a lot of ground. I think this has more to do with current “perception” of which gun is best than any real quality or manufacturing differences. For whatever reason Perazzi seems to be falling out of favor with a good number of shooters and Krieghoff is picking up a lot of ground. I’m sure this too will change.

14. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

It's just personal preference, like anything else, when the quality of each is about the same. I've owned both. But, nothing swings as neat as my TM1 Special. I have an excellent X73 I bought to play with but don't use it. The TM is always in my hands. Shot a friend's K-80 sporting clays at trap a few days ago and it handled real nice with those 32-inch barrels.

15. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Big Al,

I was just having a little fun myself. Nothing harsh ment here.

One of the local gun clubs' has been refered to the "Blue Dot capital of the world". So named by some out of towners that come and shoot games through the winter.

ec90t

16. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Well put Mike.

Buz

17. shoot'er

shoot'er TS Member

When I was at the oyster shoot I saw a lot of MX10s,2000s, 8s, and 15s. However I never did see a MX2005 but I did see a lot of Krieghoff Trap Specials and continue to see more at the ranges I shoot.

JD

18. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Some of the best shots around this area shoot them, All-Americans Mike Stears and Derek Stringer. I may be mistaken, but I think Stu Welton now shoots one.

19. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I think it is a regional thing. A couple of years ago I had the good fortune to shoot at the Bedford, PA County Sportsmens Club and it looked like the majority of shooters had Seitzs. Bill Malcolm

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

I always thought that those that fail Kreigoff standards are shipped to Russia for Bakial to finish and those that Bakial determine are not up to there standards Perrazi purchases to sell to the American market.

Or at least that is what I had heard at a major shoot by the Stoeger rep next weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.