1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Receiver Differences

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FormerMarine, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

Can someone please tell me the difference between the Trap Special receiver and the standard K80 receiver. Recently a friend tried to use release triggers from a friends Trap Special and he was told by CTS that the triggers would not work in his gun and he needed to buy new ones. (Is it possible his gun is a RT gun and that's why?)

Also, can standard barrels be used on a Trap Special reciever? (I know the height of the wood is different, just the receiver).

Thanks in advance.

Bill

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Generallhy nothingis the difference - there are some exceptions based on age and the hammers/sears in the gun

a lot of aftermarket releases wont be warrantied or reinstalled by the factory either

RTs are totally different

Gene

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Dixie Special 25:

I own a K80 RT and have had ZERO issues with either a release or pull trigger.

The release trigger needs to be done by a competent gunsmith.

Never a problem with the pull trigger.

Regards,

Dave

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

RTs have issues only with release triggers

5. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

As far as the differences in the reciever there is none, I have an older reciever with Trap Special barrels on it. I shoot with a guy that has a model 32 with T/S barrels on it..

The internals have changed over the years, so have the release parts. My gun had the latest hammers as well as the pins, so installing release parts was pretty simple by a competent 'smith.

Fred J.

6. ShooterOne

ShooterOne Member

Here we go again with the "issues" with the K-80-RT release triggrs.

I have shot one of these guns with a factory release trigger for years with zero problems.

My opinion is the "issues" are with non-factory release conversions or backyard trigger smiths "fine tuning" their trigger groups.

When I first heard the rumors re: the problems with these triggers I purchased a spare release trigger group, which are hard to find, so I would have a back up trigger if the rumors were true. I have not had a need to use the spare trigger group in all the years I've been shooting the K-80-RT and am so cofident that I won't need it that I would be willing to part with it if someone had a RT model and wanted a release trigger group. These trigger groups are scarce and they are not cheap.

If anyone is interested contact me by e-mail or PM.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.