1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mulls427, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulls427

mulls427 Member

Can K80 lock time be adjusted? The gun has a factory release/pull trigger.
    Thanks! Mike Mullery Jr.

2. racer

racer TS Member

Ok, I'll bite- what would the purpose of changing the lock time be? Dan

3. mulls427

mulls427 Member

OK Dan thanks. I put together this K80 buying all parts from receiver on out here on Trapshooters. After shooting a few times I really like it. I also own an MX2000RS and decided to shoot it for a change. I felt a very noticeable difference in the lock times with the 2000 being much faster. So therefore my question on adjust ability. Shoot Well Mike Mullery Jr.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Both the lock time (time required for hammer to fall) and the trigger travel can be adjusted. Trigger travel is adjusted by the off set cams on the side of the trigger. You might also get some change by moving the trigger forward or backward. There is a small Allen screw on the side of the trigger that allows this adjustment.

Pat Ireland

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It sounds to me though that you as asking about the feel of the release itself-not just the lock time of the mechanism

I think different release designs are faster or slower than others- so in general the answer would be no unless you wanted to go to the expense of going to a different release- and how would you know that would suit your fancy?

Gene

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What is your set and release settings in Ounces?

I personally prefer a set of 56 Ounces and release of 28 Ounces

By changing these settings you will know the difference, did you happen to have these stats on the Perazzi so you can see the difference.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. mulls427

mulls427 Member

Thanks so much guys for all the suggestions and possibles. The Perazzi has Allem's standard settings and I can check the settings on the Krieghoff and see if different. I think I should let the Ottsville Pa shop take a look since I live fairly close. Shoot Well,Mike Mullery Jr.

8. racer

racer TS Member

This was an interesting and informative post. I shoot only one gun because of severe flinching the first shot or two after changing guns. I've been dragging my feet on buying a combo to get around this problem. Maybe some trigger tuning would prolong the new gun purchase.... Thanks,Dan

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

KI will be able to speed up your releases but once it's done to them, it's done - there's no going back. That's one of the biggest advantages to Allem's Roller Releases - you can change the speed by changing roller sizes with a screwdriver.

Ed

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont think Ottsville will work on someone elses release by the way. If it isnt a factory release, you should check with them.

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

GN is correct.

First question I got at the Grand. "Who put in your releases?"

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.