1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 PRO SPORTER MODEL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Skeeterzx, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

Essentially it's all about heads up shooting. Having your head in an erect position vs. being down in a flat rib gun that may have more drop in the stock. Plus, you have more latitude with POI adjustment. I know alot of guys have went to a parallel comb and the high rib. I won't say it's a fad, but it is certainly a trend in the sporting game. Only time will tell if it's here to stay.

2. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

I really like mine. I shoot sporting clays. Seems like I see the targets better. The first time I picked one up at a dealer I saw the ramp and wondered if I would see the high rib as being in the way so I did not buy one for a year. Then I finally bought one and now I don't see the rib at all just the targets. Mine swings very smooth and the stock configuration is very comfortable.

3. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Most of us slightly cant our guns and with the Prosporter, the cant will become more noticeable and a distraction.....

It is a fad....just like the 34" barrels a few years ago....

4. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

This is their mid rib version. It is between the original low rib and the high rib Trap Special.I am not a fan of the Trap Special, it feels like a club to me and waaaaay too high for my short neck.I absolutely love the mid rib Pro Sporter. It swings just like the low rib but with a little more heads up position. It can also be had in a trap combo configuration, called the ACS combo.

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I had the ProSporter in 32" barrel configuration for about 2 years....shot sporting clays with it. It does allow you a more heads up position, which for my long neck, helps. I have never been a fan of flat ribbed guns but recently acquired a flat rib Perazzi and with the stock dimensions it has, I don't seem to have that much of an issue with the flat rib.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 pro sporter for trap