1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Parts Fitting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Duck 51, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck 51

Duck 51 Member

I have a question for the Krieghoff K80 experts. Can you take any K80 receiver and forearm iron and put any K80 barrels on them without any gunsmithing? In other words, can I buy a receiver and forearm iron, buy a barrel, have someone make me a stock and forearm wood, put gun together and shoot it without any special fitting? Thanks for the input!

2. lofat2

lofat2 TS Member

Yes & no. My K-80 came w/ a 12ga. barrel & Briley tubes. I bought used K-32 barrels in 20,28,&.410 that needed minimal fitting that I did myself.(Machinist blueing, & stoning to make sure there is no galling. But I have also taken a friend`s barrels & put them on my receiver w/ no problem or fitting at all. It just depends. You can put one together just like your question asks w/ minimal fitting.
    Bob

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Some will work but very few of those are properly fitted. When trying any unknown barrel , ALWAYS take the wood off the forearm ! The reason is sometimes the forend will snap on and not be able to come off. With the wood removed you can get to the latch. If not you will have to split the forend. It takes only miutes and 2 screws! Beware. Jeff

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sometimes when I buy a shirt marked XL it fits me fine, and sometimes it does not. The same is true of gun parts. Not all interchangeable parts are interchangeable.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.