1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Outside Barrel Diameter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by idoc, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idoc

idoc Member

Does Krieghoff use a standared outside diameter for their barrels (No Chokes) Thanks in advance ........Rich

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

There is no "standard" that I am aware of. Fixed choke K-80 barrels need thinwall chokes.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

they have went through different generations of barrels- and even who makes the barrel tubes

I dont know if there is such a thing as a standard OD at the muzzle end particurally--

Gene

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see Gene write that. I've not seen all that much visible variation (aside from the flared muzzles on choke-tubed K-80 barrels) but I have seen KX-5s, which are all tubed, with and without that flare. Most, like mine are straight-walled, but I have seen a couple with the flare.

Sounds like a good question for Dieter Krieghoff...

Ed

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ed- yep that is a good question to ask Dieter

On the factory choke tubed ones- they did have two different flares -- on tapered more gradually than the earlier one I think

An interesting aside- I understand that the threading on the factory choke tubed barrels was a hammering process around a Mandrel-- havent ever asked that question of Krieghoff

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. idoc

idoc Member

Hi Folks,

Measured my backbored barrel at .8125 at the choke. Inside is .765. Wanted Briley to put some chokes in but (at present .10 and .11 fixed) now I quess there's not enough room................Rich

PS How's the dry eye situation Ed.....

7. idoc

idoc Member

Dave,

Problem is my barrel (semi-light) has been backbored on the inside from .735 to 765. I think that's why I need the 830.........Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.