1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 M32 barrel mating ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I have a Krieghoff Model 32 (serial #59XX) that has a K80 barrel mated to the received and has subgauge tubes.

I recently purchased a K80 with a 2011 manufacturing date. I would like to use the barrels from the Model 32 to shoot some subgauge skeet. The barrels will go on the K80 and the forearm "snaps" on fine. Am I okay to use these barrels without having them fit at Ottsville. Being cheap, I hate to spend several hundred in shipping costs and labor if I don't need to. On the other hand, I don't want to screw up the receiver of my K80 Gold Super Scroll.

Thanks in advance.

Amboy 49

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shouldn't be a problem. A K-80 bbl on a K-80 receiver. If they fit, they will work, unless there's too much headspace. Put them on and hold it up to a light, unless you have a Go-NoGo gauge.

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

put the barrel on the receiver without the forearm. Try to push and pull the barrel and the receiver together and apart. That will show head space rather quickly.

4. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Best bet is to have it checked out by an authorized Krieghoff repair shop...the head space needs to be correct... Is it worth blowing it up by your face? Dont think so..

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

The head space does not really have to be all that tight. Especially with compression formed shells, there is really not an issue.

6. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

If the barrels go on the receiver fine with no bind;
    If the forend goes on fine with no bind;
    If the ejectors work fine...
    If there is no obvious headspace issue as was addressed above (slowdp)....
    You're probably okay - and very, very lucky.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.