1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Lightweight receivers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BAD 303, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

What is the downfall of the K80 lightweight receivers? How much of a negative are they as far as durability and resale?

2. high 2

high 2 Member

My wife has been shooting one for 15 years or so. It's been renickeled a couple of times because of high acid content in her hands, but no trouble other than routine maintenance. I've had one come through the shop that had cracked. Customer posts on here sometimes. Krieghoff Int replaced the receiver with a new one for a small exchange fee. They don't seem to bring the same money as a steel receiver but wouldn't be afraid to buy one. Larry

3. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Makes for a Fabulous Gun set with Sub gauge barrels...

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I would love to have a lightweight K receiver with a drilled out K-32 field stock and a set of my .410 field barrels. I would shoot for 7 1/4 pounds.

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

I've had several in varous grades that I used for skket, trap and hunting simply by changing out the barrels and wood - very versatile.

The only problem is after someone shoots it they feel the need to buy it - and I'm a push-over for taking $$ when someone wants instant gratifiction.

I'm currently shooting a stand grade ltwt receiver and wish I could find a Parcours-Grade LtWt in excellent condition.

6. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

DB Bill, Great Gun Set..Here's your wood set on S/S with 20ga with Brileys makes for Very Dynamic Combo. Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart
    flabigpapa_2008_0303908.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_0303909.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_0303910.jpg

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

My K80 lightweight is aluminum and is not nickel plated.

8. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I shot an aluminum rec tube set for skeet in 90's and worked well. The family I sold it to have passed it down and shot a lot of rounds. Well the lightwt receiver broke last year and Kreighoff made them a good deal on replacement. jim w.

9. high 2

high 2 Member

Post a picture of the light weight that's not nickel plated. I've never seen or heard of one. I'd like to see what it looks like. Larry

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

When I talked to the folks in Ottsville I was told if you had a LtWt K-80 and the receiver cracked or became unsafe to shoot they would replace it with a new K-80 LtWt receiver & iron or if you wanted a standard weight receiver they would make you a deal - the only caveat being the LtWt couldn't show signs of intentional abuse.

I've heard accounts of these receiver's cracking etc but I've been shooting LtWt receivers (as have several friends) for a lot of years & have never had a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
k 80 lightweight pigeon cracking problems
k80 aluminium recier

k80 reciever

krieghoff k80 lightweight for sale
rectubeset