1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

K80 Lightweight Receiver cracked

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smifshot, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

A friend has a K80 Lightweight that has developed a crack from one of the trunnions to the front edge of the receiver.

Kreighoff has offered to replace it for $1500.

Seems like I remember hearing/seeing/divining that Kreigoff was replacing these at no charge?

smif
  2. David McMillen

David McMillen Member

Maybe if you are the original owner.
  3. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

I dont think they are "replacing it"

I think they probably offered you a credit towards a standard weight receiver?

Did they do that with no question as to how the damage occurred?

Are you the original owner?

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  4. high 2

high 2 Member

It depends on serial #. A customer had one crack the same place. If its a certain age then you pay the $1500. Larry
  5. Avaldes

Avaldes Active Member

Sounds like a pretty good deal for a new receiver. Though I would be bummed that it cracked in the first place.
  6. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Member

Braxton Newman at KI told me that lightweights are for hunting - not for the rigors of continous shooting dictated by the clay target sports. The idea was for a lighter K-80 that could be carried while pursuing birds.

If you are shooting trap, skeet or sporting, you would probably be better off with a standard weight gun.

Mike
  7. APrice

APrice Active Member

LOL! Yep, just check out all the K-80 Lightweights at your next dove shoot and report back.
  8. hmb

hmb Active Member

Built to fail? HMB
  9. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I was told by Kimble DuPont last year they were made for someone that shoots 10k rnds a year.
    If the receiver cracks they give you a pretty good deal on another alloy or steel receiver.
  10. krieghoff80

krieghoff80 Member

A friend blew his gold s.s...Krieghoff said it was metal fatigue(old gun)........they replaced it with a used(but in good shape) standard receiver ........he was not happy .....but he did get another ...... If you look at the bottom line, Krieghoff really didn't have to do anything at all.....it would be interesting to know if any other manufacturer would do the same..
  11. DB Bill

DB Bill Member

I've used a K-80 with a ltwt receiver for pheasant hunting for years -- thinned the factory wood down to save some more weight. It's a pleasure to carry, points and swings nicely and has super trigger's.
  12. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

I actually use a lightweight with K32 trap wood because it is a lot lighter for hunting

I replaced the K80 trigger with a K32 for more room

The barrel is a K80 cut down to 25 inches with briley choke tubes

about 5 pounds and 4 onces

I do know people that have shot their lightweights 100,000 rounds or so- so I know they arent wallflowers

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  13. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Active Member

Shoot a Super Scroll with 20 & 28ga. barrels...Light as a Feather..Makes Great Combo Gun Set...With DB Bill Wood set. Shoot Well..Shoot Often ,with Good Friends, Bart
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. buster45

buster45 Member

I had a light weight crack Kreighoff gave me an option a new light weight with 20 year warranty for $1500.00 or a standard K80 for $3000.00 and normal K80 warranty I went with the light wieght.

Buster
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.