1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80- Is there a repair/ annual kit available?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Guano, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guano

Guano TS Member

Does anyone know where I can buy a repair/ annual kit for my K-80?
    Does it require special tools? Just hate shipping the gun across the country,
    and still don't know what was done to the gun, or by whom.

2. setter

setter Member

"Annual Service and Preventative Maintenance:
    This service includes checking the gun for headspace, overcock, proper tolerances of sears, ejectors and hammers and complete disassembly and replacement of springs as needed throughout the receiver and forend iron. All parts are inspected for wear and minor trigger and timing adjustments are made if needed. The gun is cleaned and lubed. The barrel is tightened to the actions when possible. Replacement of broken or badly worn parts is available, at additional cost. The K-80 Annual Service is $225.00; The K-32 Annual Service is $295.00; The KX-5 Annual Service is $135.00 and The KS-5 Annual Service is $150.00. Annual services require the entire gun be sent in to ensure complete and guaranteed service."

Here's a description from K's website, there is no "kit" and yes it requires a special tool's.

3. setter

setter Member

Also read the article Keep it clean" by Todd Bender, Skeet Shooting Review April 2002.

4. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I have the Kay Ohye K80 repair video - and I can tell you that disassembly of a K80 is very involved and does require a special tool.

5. KRK32

KRK32 Member

The tool you need is for removing the hammers and firing pin block you can take the gun apart up to that the top latch trigger sears tang that can all be taken apart pretty simple with a small flathead srewdriver i use a small drill bit shank with flutes cutoff it works well with the old roll pins on the k32. I had a buddy that had access to a spring machine and spring stock i had him make a bunch of duplicates for me to do my own annuals. It not complicated to do take your time and think it through as you go. The tool used to be sold on ebay i bought one a while back duplicated it and sold it back on ebay. kirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

when is it time for annual service for a k80