1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 intermittently opens after doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seaone, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seaone

seaone TS Member

While shooting doubles at an ATA event yesterday, noticed that on three seperate occassions, the breech opened accidentally after firing the second shot. I probably should have stopped shooting, but at the time I thought it was just me pushing the breech lever without thinking. The gun was purchased last year as a combo. It has many, many rounds through it. This is second time I've shot doubles with the O/U. This malady has not appeared while shooting singles. Anybody care to guess? Would a new spring for the top latch be an obvious fix? Also, the action is a little loose when closing the receiver. I'm thinking it should be sent to Ottsville for a vacation. Thanks for any assistance.

Ken Flanagan

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Sounds like the top latch needs adjusting. Send it in for an annual. Jeff

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Top latch return spring or excess hinge wear or headspace

Send it to Pat in Wells Mn or any Krieghoff warranty center- or Ottsville

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

"A little loose"? Bite the bullet and send it to Ottsville. Don't buy any more high mileage guns. There are plenty of inexpensive low mileage guns out there.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Either buy a high milage gun and send it right to Ottsville to make sure everything gets tightened up, or buy a low milage gun and spend much more money.

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

You will be better served in turnaround time and money to send it to Ernest Marlette in NC. And you will probably only need to send it once.

--- Chip King ---

7. mtneer88

mtneer88 Member

I would go to Ottsville with the gun. I have had nothing but exceptional service from the team down there. If you are close enough, it is really cool to drive down there and get the tour.

I liken a trip through there to a trip to heaven.

thanks
    Mike Boldrick

8. todman2

todman2 Member

I had the same problem. The Hood Spring was weak and required replacing. Was also told that wear on the hood allowing the hood to close farther on the barrel (over latching) could cause the same problem.

Ernest Marlette (www.Marlettefinearms.com)is on of the best I think he will be at the Krieghoff Masters in Savannah Ga. this weekend. An Annual and a hood spring should take care of the problem and address any future issues. I worked for my K32

Good Luck

9. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

I'm with chip king and Todman Earnest Marlette is a great (the best) guy to work with.

10. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have a (low milage K80 that some times, mostly with the o/u barrel did not latch before shooting, Phillip's gunsmithing made an adjustment $30.00 works great. Phillip also enlet my stock to get me more cast, $50.00. Kriegoff wanted $125.00. just say un

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k-80 opening up after firing

k-80 opening up after firing top barrel

k80 reciever opens after firing

krieghoff k 80 to action loose