1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 information

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Juantoomany, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

Looking for a bit of information on K 80's. I want to create a doubles gun and I'm leaning toward the K80. I have found an older receiver 1988-1989..Is there any reason this would not be a bad investment if the price is right and has been well treated?

I have seen a serial number starting with 100XXX. I can't seem to find data that leads me to a production date. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Dave

2. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Dave,
    There have been some upgrades made on the guns 21000 or so. The trigger springs and hammers may not be the current design.
    Jimmy

3. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

thanks for the info

dave

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It could be a good investment- the receivers are the same and minor upgrades have been made- minor and they might not even matter to you

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

The triggers on 60 year-old Krieghoff Model 32's are holding up pretty well.

People are still shooting the original trigger's in 80-year old Model 12's.

People are still shooting the same trigger's in BT-99's that cost $350 when they were new in the early 70's.

People are still shooting the same trigger's that came with their Perazzi MX-8's and MIrages in the early '70's --- they do change a spring once in awhile.

There isn't a single trigger design out there that probably couldn't be "improved" -- don't turn down a K-80 receiver in good conditon just because it has an earlier version of the current trigger. Any money you put into it if a spring should happen to break is peanuts.

I personally like the older receiver's with the K-80 logo on the sides over the current cheesy-looking scroll --- if it hasn't been abused.

And before you ask about barrels where there is a screw holding the ejector into place --- it works just as well as the one without the screw.

Trapshooter's will look for any excuse, valid or not, to beat down the price of a gun!

6. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

I shoot a 1982 K80 and it works like a dream, and has done for years!

If you can find K-32 barrels for your doubles gun, they work great - some say better than factory k-80 barrels. I have always used k-32 barrels with good success.

7. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

For the record... I agree the upgrades are not necessarilly better. Just pointed it out.
    Jimmy

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you are afraid of picking it up at a good price let me know where it is and i'll buy it. Bulge.

9. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I think you have one too many X's on that serial number or it was made in 2010? My last 32 was 1055X and that was early 80's.

10. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I think you have one too many X's on that serial number or it was made in 2010?

11. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I think you have one too many X's on that serial number or it was made in 2010?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.