1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 HIGH RIB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Terminator, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

Seems like every one is going to the high rib guns now. Is it just a new fade in order to sell guns, or is there realy something to this that I am missing out on? Has anyone added a set of high rib barrels to their current K80? If so did you also change stock or can you get enough adjustment out of the old stock? Or is it better to sell old gun and buy new trap special. Thank you for the advise.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

First how well do you shoot your gun ? The higher ribs do have some Advantage but not much . If your shooting your gun well why trade ? Yes it,s just a way to sell guns kind of like the Adjustable rib---porting and choke tubes . All this stuff may or may not help YOU but it does sell guns .

ALF

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If the All Americans need high ribs with there short necks, I guess longneck geeks like me need an extension ladder for a rib.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I put on an "add on rib" on my K-80. I have a great distance between my shoulder and my cheek. I had plenty of stock adjustment to compensate. The higher rib allow my head to remain in a more normal position when I mount the gun. The high rib is not a recent fad. Simmons began installing them at least 25 years ago.

Pat Ireland

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

So Did Al Ljutic

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

And don't forget Mossberg. hee hee hee

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=DSCF0011.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

7. LAD39

LAD39 Member

I put new trap special double barrel on my k80
    fourth time out shot first 100 straigth 16 yrd ever.
    Conn, state shoot 2008 ((and someone to see it))
    I know it worked for me :-}
    Bob Presto

8. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

Thanks for the replies.My current set up is a combo, however I dont use the unsingle much. On the o/u I have a no. 1 hanger and I have the comb fairly high so I see a lot of rib between the beads.This works well for the bottom barrel, but the top barrel shoots too flat.

LAD39 Did you have to change stock or are you using the old stock?

9. LAD39

LAD39 Member

Hi Terminator
    I had an adjustable comb on stock. I did have to extend studs higher
    total length of studs 1 3/8 in. I used bottom barrel #5 hanger I hopes this helps Bob

10. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

Hi Bob

Thanks for your help. Where did you get the longer studs from?

11. LAD39

LAD39 Member

Hi
    I made my own but any gunsmith or machinist in your area I'm sure can make them. Let me know how you makeout. xxPrestoL39@aol.com remove xx's
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.