1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Guru's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by little gambler, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Ok you K80 guys, I need some info. What are the chances of a K80 barrel fitting from gun to gun without gunsmith fitting??? What is the normal cost of fitting from the factory service center barrel to receiver??? What is the price on front end regular hangers that are not titanium??? Thanks l.g.

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Not sure but I bought an extra bbl in 28" for skeet and it fit perfectly as is.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

They will usually fit the receiver. Often, the forend will fit. Sometimes, the forend lug on the barrel must be refit. I have very rarely seen a receiver that had to have any barrel fitted.

You can call Krieghoff Intl' and they will usually send a requested hanger to you. If you timely return the old hanger, you are only out postage.

Figure out for sure which way you want the lower barrel to go. A #3 is 10% higher than a #4, etc. This is not EXACT, but is very close. If you are not familiar with this chore, let us know. There is a WEALTH of wisdom on this site.

If you have an unmarked hanger from an M-32, you might be asked to pay for the hanger. Take it off the barrel and mike the thickness, then call Braxton at KI service. Nicest folk you ever met.

4. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I bought a used 12ga heavy Skeet barrel for my K80.When i received it,it didn't fit the forearm and receiver. I asked a local gunsmith who does a ton of shotgun/barrel work in my area if he could fit it for me. He said he could and when i got it back it just wasn't right,so i sent it off to Krighoff in Pa.It was screwed up and they had to remove and reweld new locking lugs for BOTH barrels and on top of that, they had to reblue both barrels and the receiver(receiver was blued).The work took 6 weeks because they have someone outside do the barrel welding.They did an excellent job and the looked factory new.

So to answer your question,it cost me $2200 to fit a new barrel to my K80!

5. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Well if you buy a barrel from a Krieghoff dealer like Dupont etc they will fit it for free. If you buy it from someone online you will have to pay to have it fitted. I would guess under $200 unless like above there is intensive work done to the barrel. The issue of fitting is what have people done to the barrels? When something like a barrel only is for sale you never know. The K80 and K32 have been around for a very long time so its hard to say what a 20 year old barrel has gone through and how many people have owned it.

Dave

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Not sure about gun fit. They usually trade you your hanger with the one you want. No sense having two hangers. As far as not having it fitted, it may look like it fits, but just being an RCH off can cause abnormal or accelerated wear. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.