1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80- Gold Super Scroll 0/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by steele, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

Looking for price info. I have access to a 1997 32" o/u fixed choke,
    Gold Super Scroll, coin finish trap gun. Excellant condition. Only several 1000 rounds thru it. This is from an estate. What would be a fair selling/buying price for both parties? Butch in Pa

2. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...with standard Super Scroll top latch - 9K maybe? With subgage tubes & case $9500 - $10K. With broken target top latch, a little more. With broken target top latch and trigger guard, maybe 10.5. On the plus side, that vintage K80 receivers were made with better steel than more current receivers - you can discuss and verify that with Ottsville. But rest assure that all K80's are made of sufficiently strong enough steel!

Offer $8K and get it for a negotiated price. Coin finish is pretty, but will not wear as good as Nickel or silver nitride. BTW - Krieghoff does not make 8MM rib anymore and this guns sounds like it 'might' have that rib. If you ever 'tube' the gun, the 8mm rib is much less weight out from than the 10 - 12 taper flat rib with factory screw chokes and has a nice swing mass for Skeet - sort of like a tubed, 28" 10-12 TF with factory chokes! Big swing difference between screw chokes and fixed choke and the different ribs.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gold superscrolls have a gold border and a gold target top latch

Assuming that and 98 percent or better condition I would have to see the wood and it would have to be a K80 barrle

Assuming K80 barrel, nice unaltered wood(except maybe adjustable comb) and that condition $8500(edited because of possible coin finish issues)-$11000 with that serial number range

Its about 900 bucks plus shipping both ways and a significant wait to have that coin finish turned to nitride by Krieghoff but probably a good investment if the coin finish(which is no finish) bothers you

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

The coin finish is really tough to maintain. Fail to wipe it down after use on a hot day and it will rust. If you take very good care of it, it will work but Krieghoff went to the nitride finish for a reason on that gun. I had one and experienced the rusting a couple three times. Fortunately for me, it was only a couple days before use each time so I caught the rusting in an early stage.

I now have more then one Krieghoff and none of them are coin finished for good reason.

Mark Zauhar

5. steele

steele TS Member

I just found out, it is a combo gun. 34", fixed choke, unsingle, with the 32" O/U.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.