1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 free squads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

In the past on this website they have been a number of people who have stated they will not shoot with an Rem 1100 or other automatic type shotguns on their squad. Their reasoning is it is distracting and may cause property damage to their shotgun by the gun spitting shells onto them.

After reading about all the K80's blowing up and showering sharpnel onto squad mates I have decided I would rather get hit by plastic hulls than deadly metal shavings.

So my question is - should gun clubs squad K80 shooters with like minded shooters? I think so. I would much rather shoot with a guy shooting an 870, 1100, Model 12, Parker, LC Smith than some clown shooting a Kraut gun, that is going to explode. I not only would feel safer, but I'm sure I would get invited to go drink a beer after shooting with the guy who shoots an 1100, and similar guns more so than the guys who shoot K80s.

We need K80 free zones, in this game if we are going to provide a safe environment for shooters.

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Bisi

Are your ear plugs in?

3. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Bisi's right.

And anybody with a nice old K80 logo receiver who feels unsafe shooting it should let me know and I'll take it off their hands; just doing my part to keep everyone safe.

I need a backup for when my current receiver blows up, and I've always fancied the logo ones.

Jim

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Have you hugged your K-80 lately??

5. full squad

full squad TS Member

Kay shot more rounds out of a K80 than anyone. Did he ever blow up a barrel?
    Oh yea I forgot, he don't shoot RELOADS!!!!!!!!!!!

6. krieghoff80

krieghoff80 Member

hey besi....read my response to "true story on k-80 mishap" ...please...eric

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

krieghoff80, will do.

8. biff

biff Active Member

Bisi, get a Pogo stick! But be sure to wear a helmet. I'd shoot with K80 shooters anytime, you chances of getting konked by a K80 is alot less likely than getting struck by lightning. Biff

9. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

The one thing I don't get is why have I not heard of any BT's blowing up? There are 10 times more BT's (99's or 100's) out there than any Perazzi, Ljutic or Krieghoff. So can someone explain this to me? Or are the BT's like the Remington rifles: cheap, but it takes a whole lot to blow one up...Josh

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Over the last 25 years I have shot a lot of targets at a lot of different clubs with a lot of different shooters. Every squad I have shot with has had at least one shooter with a K-80. There are absolutely no exceptions to this.

Pat Ireland

11. lc

lc TS Member

I have actually seen a BT blow up. It was in N.Y. and again it was a reload. Everyone was scrambling to find the gold inlays that were somewhere out in front of the firing line and the rib looked like a shepards cane. Shooter had a small scratch on his hand after the gun rocked the grounds.

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I've seen several Bt-99's blow up. Krieghoff does not have a monopoly on gun failures!!

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Pat Ireland, who wrote - "Over the last 25 years I have shot a lot of targets at a lot of different clubs with a lot of different shooters. Every squad I have shot with has had at least one shooter with a K-80"

Pat sounds to me like you have pushed the envelope all the way to the edge. Shooting next to that many K80s for that long of time it is now just a matter of time. You are living on borrowed time. LOL. Better find some squad mates who are shooting anything other than a K80. In fact maybe you can shoot on my/our squad, we are going to have an opening, because we are kicking off the guy on our squad who shoots a K80. Too dangerous. With him gone we will have a Lujtic, 2 Brownings, and a Parker on the squad, what do you shoot Pat?

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Do ya think it MIGHT be a K-80? LOL

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

15. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

Full Squad,

Kay has been shooting reloads for at least 5 or more years now in 16's and doubles so where does this go now? I have at least 300,000 reloads through my K-80 and load with a PW. Who knows, mine might be next or one of the other 4 that squad with me. I can think of a few reasons for not wanting to squad with someone, but because they will be shooting a K-80 isn't one of them. It would be nice to know exactly what caused this failure but we will most likely never know for sure. Until that time comes lets just wish Lou a speedy recovery and best wishes to him and his family.

Respectfully
    Robert Malmstedt

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Bisi I seriously hope you are just have some fun with this thread. Because your question has to be a joke.

"should gun clubs squad K80 shooters with like minded shooters? I think so."

If it is not maybe you can explain how all the club are going to go about this.

Just what is next do we also have to squad all the ljutic shooter together? How about the Browning shooters? Yep the Remington shooter also. There are to many different guns to mention them all. Of course from my experience the Parker shooter are going to be very lonely out there.

Please tell me this is a bad joke or maybe you have forgotten the Singles squadding procedure. You know picking a squad ticket off of table at registration. If you really believe that this is the proper way to address this. You should send a letter to your state associations volunteering to work registration at the shoots in your area. They will now need someone to keep all of this straight when the shooters are signing up.

Naturally being your suggestion I think you should be the one to set up a system to make sure the procedure is done correctly. Without the proper system in place someone might be forced to shoot with one of those terrible K-80's

Bob Lawless

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bisi - In my post I did not say a shooter beside me on every squad I have shot with during the last 25 years had a K-80. I only stated that someone on all of my squads shot a K-80. I shoot a K-80.

Pat Ireland

18. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dear Mr Skeet2day,

As a Kolar owner I am flattered that you'd extend an offer to save me from exploding guns. Since Kolars' inception to the shotgun market I've never seen or even heard of a Kolar coming apart other than disassembly for cleaning. I will however try to forward a list of people in inherent danger of being injured by virtue of ownership of the Kreighoff product not to mention those standing nearby. I suggest that we immediately require all Kreighoff owners to wear flourescent orange so we may easily identify the danger areas while shooting. The positive side of this flourscent orange apparel is that it can be worn for shooting at your local club, also can be used for hunting visibility and last but not least it can be worn while you're doing your community service as you collect trash on the side of the hiway so you are visible to passing motorists.

Thanks again and good shooting,

LOL Dave

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Pat, I'm sorry but I will have to rescind my offer to let you shoot with us on our squad, for 2 reasons: A - you shoot a dangerous K-80, the reason we have a vacancy in the first place is removal of squad mate shooting a K-80. B - Your mental approach to game of trap. Several years ago on this website you communicated that you own a Crown Grade LC Smith. Is that correct? You own an “Elsie” and you are shooting a damn K-80?? What are you thinking??? Shooting a K-80 when you own a Crown Grade “Elsie” is akin to driving a Pinto when you have a Ferrari in the driveway.

With all due respect Mr. Ireland I wish you the best in your shooting endeavors, but I will not be shooting with you on the line. Will gladly associate with you in safety of clubhouse, I’ll even buy your beverage of choice.

Best of luck, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you are going to continue to shoot that K-80 maybe you should ask Santa for a flak jacket.

Regards.

20. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Should the K-80 be renamed K-boom?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.