1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? K80 Finish ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Have a friend that has some small gouging in the finish only on his K80 stock. I want to spot repair it but I need to use the same type of finish. Anybody know?

2. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Barry, It is a sprayed on finish of a two part type. Industry name is conversion varnish or catalyzed varnish. There are many industry names available but my best guess is to have someone who does this type finish just re-spray the offending stock. Hope this helps. Phil S.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thanks Phil.

4. abcd

abcd Member

Go to a auto body shop and have them touch it up with auto clearcoat ,then just buff it out ,I use it all the time on those high glosss finishes

5. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Barry, If want that luxurious satin factory finish duplicated I could re-spray your stock for you at a pretty reasonable cost unless the checkering needs to be re cut. Let me know if you need help on this. Thanks Phil S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.