1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I just acquired a K80 with 32" barrels. I'm not sure I can swing these barrels if I get some sub gauge full length tubes for them. I'm considering purchasing a set of 30" screw choked barrels that I will then have a set of sub gauge skeet tubes installed by Briley or Kolar.

I have a number or Seminole choke tubes and another set of choke tubes that I acquired in the past to be used in a Krieghoff Model 32. I'm not sure of the manufacturer of the one set of choke tubes. I don't know what the bore diameter of the Model 32 barrels are. The threads all seem to screw in fine . . . but I'm not sure if the Seminole chokes or the other tubes have the correct constriction as it relates to the bore diameter of "standard" Krieghoff barrels. ( If there is such a thing as a standard bore. ) I'd contact Seminole but I guess they are out of business for awhile.

The "unidentified" choke tubes are marked 735 on one side and then the presumed constriction on the other side of each tube. I assume the 735 relates to the bore diameter. The other number - 10,15,20,25,30, etc - the constriction from 735. I've attached a pic or two of each of the choke tubes sets.

Can I use these - or should I use these ? Do I need to get a barrel gauge and measure the bore diameter of the barrel I will be buying ? My first concern would be using them would damage a barrel in some way. A smaller concern is whether the constriction is "matched" to the bore diameter and is giving the actual designated constriction.

Thanks in advance
    amboy49_2008_030369.jpg

amboy49_2008_030371.jpg

amboy49_2008_030372.jpg

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looks that way to me- I think seminole is out of buisness but angle port is still going big time

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

The Seminole choke box says "Made for specific bore - Don't interchange." The concern I have is any damage that could occur due the choke tubes not properly fitting the barre diameter.

Should I be concerned about this ?

Thanks in advance

4. B.C.

B.C. Member

Yes Mic the barrel it may have been back bored ! B.C.

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Krieghoff Model 32 barrels were around .735 without any overboring. The screw chokes you have by angleport would have been fitted to the appropriate bore size, 32s never had factory c/ts. Find a bore mike and put your mind at ease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.