1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K80 Barrel/Chokes vs. 391 by Allor

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4th. down, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Considering Allor to Optimize my barrel,391,and build some custom chokes for it. Anyone that has had Kerry do this to a 391 and the results? Was just wondering if it would be comparable to a K80 with factory chokes as far as patterning is concerned?

Was shooting sporting clays yesterday and shot a stock K80 for about 50 targets. It was even hard for me to miss.

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

4th down, it is true that Beretta choke tubes suck.

I have owned barrels "tuned" by Wilkinson. I currently own three that were worked on by Kerry Allor. I must say the finish is superb, as are the patterns. However, they are fixed choke barrels.

Allor achieves his great results by changing the profile of the choke. Since your tubes are removable, you can do the same thing by buying good after market chokes. I'd suggest you start with a single choke tube from Stu Wright and see if that does what you want. If you are still unhappy with your patterns, you can always call Allor and ask his advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.