1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 to K80 trigger conversion - need photos

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kfbagt, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

I am trying to get a photo of the trigger assembly of a k32 after it has been converted to a k80 trigger. I plan on doing this conversion to my gun and would like to see how the pros do it.

I have a full machine shop at my disposal and 2 very qualified machinists, i just need to see how it is mechanically done.

thanks, Paul

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You need the correct parts to do it, and unless you plan on fabricating them yourself, krieghoff will not sell them to you.

3. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

i was going to do the fabricating. i just need to know what the pros do. I have my own idea of how to do it, just want to see what is done by others. I know briley for example charges a "core charge" for your trigger, they cut off the k32 trigger and weld on a k80 trigger and make it look pretty. However, i want to keep the adjustable trigger functionality so I am planning on cutting off the k32 trigger in the right spot and milling a slot in the end to slide on a k80 trigger and have full functiionality. I shouldnt need any parts from anyone, its all machine work.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I thought you were talking about a full trigger group conversion from M32 to K80, not just a trigger blade swap.

Briley doesn't weld anything, they mill a slot for adjustment like your attempting to do.

http://www.briley.com/gunservices/k32.html

I think you might be using the term "core charge" incorrectly. This is used when your swapping something out (such as a car battery), and you get a partial credit when you return the item your swapping out. There is no swapping with briley, they are using your M32 parts (the original trigger blade assy), and selling you a service and the new K80 blade.

What your trying to do is pretty straightforward, esp w/ an mill, all you need to do is cut or mill off the M32 blade, run a dovetail down the middle, slide the K80 blade on, maybe put a few evenly spaced dots w/ a center drill on the bottom of the dovetail for the setscrews to lock into, and your done. Keep in mind there are 2 different generations of K80 blades, one uses a dovetail (the older version) and one uses a T slot (the newer version).

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Briley mills a slot as stated after cutting off the trigger and has their own trigger shoe that they put in that slot so it can adjust. It is obvious this isnt a factory trigger though

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have a schematic of a K-80. If you think it would help you I can send it in an E mail. Bulge.

8. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

yes i'd love to have it.

kfbagt@yahoo.com

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Check your E mail.

10. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

got em, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.