1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 serial numbers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun fitter, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Can anyone intelligently explain the differences in the serial numbers on Krieghoffs and how it effects them. Parts interchangeability for one.
    Joe

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Anyone know? I'm thinking about building a K-32 TS gun K-32 so I can engrave it but i don't want a dog receiver with issues and would like to know when to start looking at the receivers. are there any good receivers under 5000 sn range?

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I think the triggers where more of the issue. The rest is pretty much the same, I think. GN7777777 would know I bet. Jon

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I know some of the receivers were cut differently and a modern stock won't fit.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Safe after 1000 ask Gene. Jeff

6. biercart

biercart Member

Anything in the four digit serial number should be fine for fit, just ask questions about possible updates or service work performed otherwise you should not have any problems, I have two M32 san remo receivers one in the 3000 range and one in the 4000 range and they are as good as the day they were made, the only thing that I updated on them was having the trigger blade changed out to a k-80 and the wood and trigger guard changed out to k-80, they also have k-80 barrels.

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Thanks so if I'm looking at say a 1200 sn then new barrels should fit with out a trip to the welding shop.

Joe

8. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

No, the barrels will have to be fit. Not necessarily welded but fit for sure. If the ears in the barrel are like new then no welding. But they won't snap right on. Buy a good barrel that is newer and you should be able to have them fit for cheap.

Paul

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

neither wood nor bbls will automatically fit another Model 32 of any vintage.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its a very complicated issue. There are differences in geometry and tolerances throughout the range

Normally barrels above 500 and certain barrels below 500 can be fit but that doesnt mean it wont take significant expense to do so

Not sure if this helps but as I said it is complicated

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k32 serial number dates

k32 serial numbers