1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 San Remo - that I've never seen before

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JPSmall, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPSmall

JPSmall Member

K32 San Remo - that I

I'm curious about something. I was recently looking around on gunbroker and saw a gorgeous Krieghoff Model 32 San Remo for sale. What was different however, is that the gun was nickel plated and had engraving similar to a k80 suhl scroll. I've never seen this version before and wondered if it was mislabled and is actually custom engraving. The gun has since sold and I unfortunately cannot load any pictures.
    Does anyone know if this is a factory gun?
    thanks.
    Matt

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can get back on gunbroker and do an advanced search in the completed auctions and find it that way. Possibly the pictures are still there if you act quickly. Bulge.

3. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

I shoot with a gal who has a San Remo. It is crazy pretty. It is one of a few (I have no idea how many, could even be very many) that I have seen that were engraved by Angelo Bee. If you can find pics of receiver, close enough anyway, it should have his signature "AB" on the left hand side which is where I've been told to normally find it. No way to confirm that though. Oh, it has gold inlay on it too. That would obviously disappear if it were plated after the fact.

I've never heard nor seen a nickel plated or french grayed Remo before but I almost bought one to do just that. They may exist though. A call to Krieghoff would most likely solve the mystery. I know a guy at the club who's pretty sharp on older K guns. I'm heading there now and will ask him.

4. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Angelo Bee engraved standard grade K-32 anyway you wanted them all the way up to super crown. They are not worth what the factory engraved guns are but they were 2/3's the price. He did nice work as I had him do a new 4 barrel set in western scenes.
    The K-32 could be plated an a lot of people did them in the after market because the bluing wore off fairly easy. I don't think the factory made any 32's that were not blued but I could be wrong.

5. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Quite a few have been nickel plated or nitrited...They look very much like K80's after that has been done!! Paul in Virginia

6. todman2

todman2 Member

Saw the gun you are refering to on Gunbroker.com Not really a San Remo Grade looks like and after market engraving to a Shul pattern being sold by Hyatt Gun

Photo below

[​IMG]

The gun sold for $5399 Auction Closed

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I had a Danube pattern K-32 engraved by Angelo Bee. The folks at Krieghoff at the Grand said it was better quality than the German original!

8. JPSmall

JPSmall Member

Todman2, yes that's the one I saw. So most likely that is a custom engraved shotgun and not a factory k32. didn't think so. Still very stunning in my book.

thanks.
    Matt

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

That is a nice looking gun.

10. biercart

biercart Member

[​IMG]

Here is a San Remo with a Nitrite Finish

11. fly

fly Active Member

Very nice, who did the Nitride?

12. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Angelo Bee is a great engraver. However, he did not do ANY of the original high grade Krieghoff shotguns. He upgraded guns for individual owners and perhaps even for Europa Arms Co. in the late '60's and throughout much of the '70's.
    Bee engraved guns are great, but are considered counterfeits to the originals. Thus, they are worth considerably less.
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
amgelo bee engraving krieghoff for sale
angelo bee k 32
angelo bee k 32 gladiator

k32 san remo

krieghoff k-32 san remo

krieghoff k32 san remo

krieghoff model 32 angelo bee engraved

krieghoff model 32 san remo