1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 receiver change

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by englishupland, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishupland

englishupland Member

Is it possible to nickel plate a k32 receiver somehow? I dont like the blued look, and don't intend to spring for a k80...Seems I have seen a basic model with a silver receiver in the last year somewhere.

2. todman2

todman2 Member

Yes I have had it done to a standard grade and a San Remo Grade without a problem. Krieghoff international will send the gun to Germany and you will be without for 3 or 4 months. I had Ernest Marlette in North Carolina do my last 2 and they were better than the factory when he was finished with them.

His price is very competive and the turn around was base on his work load (3 weeks is the time frame he shoots for). Best part is he's an excellent Krieghoff gunsmith. He will also go through the action and replace springs, sear and pins and do his tune up on the action before he sends it back.

You can call him at 1-336-456-1818. He has a very good reputation which can be checked out by reading a number of the post on this site

Good Luck
    todman02

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Like this...

<a href="http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q20/GunDr_Photo/?action=view┬Ąt=nickel-plating_12-9-07.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I also can make the trigger and bbl selector gold (in color)

4. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Why do a lot of people have this done to K32s and Perazzi's? I think the blued reciever looks sooo much better. Anyone agree or am I just a weird duck?

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

This is why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors! LOL

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Some don't like having to reblue every couple of years as the bluing gets worn off the botton corners of the receiver and forend iron. The plating also provides a little more protection against moisture and rust.

Remember..some of these shooters are shooting 5-6 days a week and are using there firearms more as tools than works of art.

7. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I understand that gun dr., my guns get used a few days a week, as well (at least in the summer time), but I just don't care for how they look and prefer the old blued recievers MUCH better. To each his own, I'll get mine reblued every so often, though.

8. antidote

antidote TS Member

Carry your gun by the wood and keep the metal wiped down and you will all but never need to have it reblued. I shot my Crown for 35 years before it started changing color and needed restoring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.