1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esetter, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Dec 14, 2007
    What are the problems with the older K32's? Guns that haven't had any upgrades done to them.
  2. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Feb 6, 2008
    As I see it, the only problem with the older K32s is that I do not own enough of them !! *smiles*

Seriously -- I have a 3XXX serial no. K32, and have had it for about 15 years. I have experienced no problems with it - whatsoever. Granted -- it has been retired now, in favor of (first) a KS5 and (currently) my K80, but I still shoot it every once in awhile.

The truly nice things about all of the K-guns is the factory service and support that Krieghoff International will provide, should you ever need parts or service. They will upgrade a K32 with the newer style hammers for a mere "song".

As with ANY quality firearm, the key to longevity is regular servicing. With regular service and care, you just about cannot "shoot out" a Krieghoff.
  3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    esetter, I assume you are making reference to "upgrading" to K-80 parts in your question. If so, I'll repeat what I've said on here several times. I have M.32 #919 and two sets of barrels, 28" with choke tubes and 30" and it is a trap gun although it's used for skeet, 5 stand, and sporting clays as well. It has the Krieghoff internals (not Remington) as built and shipped to the U.S. in 1961. The only part that is on the gun from the K-80 is the stock bolt and I did that to make it easier to remove the stock through a hole in the shoulder pad.

I have the good fortune to have a German fellow just an hour and a half away that will service and repair my gun without having to ship it out. He worked as a gunsmith for Krieghoff in Ulm for a career and retired to the U.S. He performs his miracles with numerous super high dollar guns in a shop at his home including repairs, handmade parts, and engraving.

Whenever I ask whether there's any advantage to swapping out internals, triggers, springs, trigger guards, et cetera to K-80 parts, he very strongly advises there is absolutely no reason to do so. He will say that the reason most people DO "upgrade" do so just so they can say they did. Whether this "upgrade" increases confidence in the shooter or not is only known to the person who spends the money to have it done.

Remember that until the K-80, there was only one company in the U.S. with the exclusive rights to market the M.32 shotgun. Krieghoff wanted to break this exclusive contract and redesigned the gun just enough to consider it a "different" shotgun and it came out in 1980 calling it the K-80. Of course, there have been improvements along the production of both guns during their lives but there never was a reason to "upgrade" to cure problems or defects with the M.32. The M.32 is a marvelous gun just as it is....breakemall....Bob Dodd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.