1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 Phantom Grade (Alum. Rec. ??) Need Info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by todman2, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todman2

todman2 Member

I need the Krieghoff guru's to give me some info.

I have been offered a K32 Phantom Receiver and Forearm. I didn't even know this type of receiver existed and information on them seems to be in short supply. What I have read is that these are Light Weight Aluminium Receivers and weight about a pound less than a Standard K32 Receiver but are a softer metal.

I want to shoot a 32" O/U barrel and this reduced weight could be helpful as I plan on using this setup in all clay sports.

Now my questions, How do they hold up, what is the history of these receiver are they more valuable than a standard steel receiver are there any know problems with receivers??

Thanks to all those who respond and educate me on the K32 Phantom

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Check the April 2000 "Skeet Shooting Review" for an article on the K32 Phantom and the K80 Lightweight guns. I have that issue in pdf format if you send me an email address via PM.

3. todman2

todman2 Member

Bob K
    Thanks for the reference I found a copy of the Review on the Ohio Skeet Web page. The info was just what I was looking for.

Thanks Again

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

how much shooting are you going to do is part of the question

The phantoms also scratch but are valued for hunting guns

their are pros and cons of everything

I wont take a side on this but will say- in my opinion they are worth less than a standard grade K32 reciever

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I would go with a newer K-80 alloy receiver at least Krieghoff would stand by it then. They make great responsive guns but if your looking at a 10,000 round a year gun get a steel receiver gun.

Joe Goldberg

How much for the receiver and Iron?

6. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

If you decide against the K32 please get the seller in touch with me. I would like to have a crack at it next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kreighoff phantom