1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

any opinions on the Krieghoff K32? I was thinking of picking one up, and getting the K80 updates for it. I found a nice piece of K80 wood for it and will get some K80 barrels for it to use as a back-up gun.

2. copper

copper Member

After all that you could buy a K80 , you are not saving anything a lot of the big dogs shoot them end of story. I have had both great guns and service

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

my bad, jumped ahead of myself....Krieghoff model 32 ;-)

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

It's better than it's prototype, the Remington 32, it's better than it's very distant cousin the Remington 3200, and, according to my Kr. guru who was trained and worked in the factory in Ulm and now retired in Oregon, there is no mechanical need to convert to K-80 parts. I agree with one poster above, before doing all you suggest, I'd buy a K-80......Bob Dodd

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its essentially a K80

I agree you dont have to update if you are a pull trigger shooter

I disagree about buying a K80 if you were going to update a K32-- heck you might only need to update hammer and sears-- but regardless- even if you did a full upgrade- it would still be a lot less expensive than a K80 in that condition

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. copper

copper Member

Well if I understand K32 so minimum around $2,000.00 and up, K80 barrels 32in trap anouther $1,800.00 or more , nice how nice K80 wood set trap $1,200.00 and trigger work fitting barrels$ and wood fitting costs$ is my pencil broken are not we at K80 PRICE at least did I miss something I think that is what he said I have not bought for a while but I think these are real estimates

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

A Model 32 with a four-digit serial number (I'm told that earlier than about 500 might have Remington parts in it) may have Vandalia-ribbed barrels and such a gun, not updated and with untouched barrels, is a match for _anything_ on the line and better than most.

I got one from hitapair and it's a great shooter, though out on a loan at the present time.

Neil

8. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

One thing no one has mentioned is that the K80 receivers are hardened at the factory and cannot have any type of engraving done to them unless sent back to Germany to take out the case hardening ( don't ask me how they do it )

I have a K32 San Remo - I had Bill Main make all the animals ( birds/dogs ) gold, had him out line the receiver with a gold border and added gold to the under receiver area where the name appears. Top latch has a broken target in goldand the bottom of the trigger guard has a quail in gold which ties it together with the gold quail on the barrel band. To my eye it is now very well upgraded without being gaudy.

This couldn't have been done with a K80 at nearly price as I looked into a K80 with the embellishments and it would have been over $20,000. I probably have about one half that amount in my K32. Well, until I bought the K32 crown grade four barrel set to add to the add to the enjoyment of owning and shooting it.

To confirm, although my gun already had the updated K80 trigger work done, many of my friends have been told by Deiter and others that there is no need to "update" the trigger. The K32 trigger was a very functional design and parts are still readily available should repairs be needed.

I have been told, although cannot confirm, that K32's with serial numbers below 5,000 had "softer" receivers re: the metalurgy confirguration.

I say go for it ! !

9. 1oz

1oz Member

I just left K Internation , I have a older 32 that has Krieghoff parts but over the years even the 32's had updates. Per Krieghoff they told me that even tho I have never had trouble with the orginial sear springs they said I should change them to coil sear springs instead of the V springs if i shot competition in case the spring ever broke . That they would rather see me do that instead of converting to 80 innards. I've taken this gun in for a total rebuild barrels reciever Matt at Krieghoff has been very helpful and has saved me money after Hinge screw recess on barrels he let me know the lugs didnt need rewelding an there was no need to totally polish the barrels and reciver that they just needed redipping saving me additional money that they said didnt need to be spent . I have been very pleased so far with their dealings.

Jim

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Jim, that Model 32 coil sear spring conversion is pretty salty, if I remember correctly. If an owner is not shooting several hundred tournament targets a week as a matter of routine, I recommend he/she stay with the "V" springs. I shot a Model 32 Vandalia rib combo for eight years at about 10,000 targets a year and had a sear spring break once. KI sends you three of each upon request at no charge and almost anyone can change them in minutes with their stock wrench and a needle-nose plier. It almost takes longer to remove and reinstall the stock than it does to change both springs, so it's something that could be done on the line at the time of failure.

I had K-80 second-design hammers and a K-80 trigger group installed in mine when double release triggers were being fitted. If I hadn't been having releases installed, I would have stayed with the OE parts. I bought two brand new receivers, irons and four new barrels in 1995 and had K-80 wood fitted to them for my son and I to shoot. I've never shot any other trap gun as consistently well as my Model 32.

Ed