1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 - K80 WOOD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JPSemper, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

0   0   0

Back in the late 60's I first saw Krieghoff K32 and immediately thought someday I'm going to get one of those. A military, business career and raising a family kind of put my trap shooting far back on the priority list. Well 40 plus years later, I bought a beautiful San Remo grade from a local gentleman.

The gun still has the original un-touched wood with red tinted finish. I don't wish to touch the stock or forend at all but want to put it away. I want to put new wood on it without breaking the bank. My question, pardon ignorancence, is K32 - K80 wood interchangeable? I never had a reason to know this information. If K80 wood can be put on a K32, it will certainly help my search for something already out there.

Thank you all in advance.

John Semprini

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

John, I have owned a number of K guns, and yes you can interchange the wood from a K-80 to a model 32 with some minor alterations. The triggerguard on the model 32 is rounded where it attaches to the stock and the K-80 is more of a teardrop shape. If you put 80 wood on your San Remo the will be a small void where the triggerguard attaches. To make it look right I would suggest that you get a K-80 triggerguard along with the 80 wood. Other than that it will bolt right on. Bulge.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Dont worry about getting a K80 trigger guard- major expense for nothing

Just add some wood putty filler and stain black- it will look like an ebony inlay

In general the wood is interchangeable- might need some fitting if you have wider hammers for example

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

By the way I just picked up an 80 triggerguard in nickle like new for $50. There are bargains out there. I am going to use it on a model 32 receiver that is out being nickel plated right now. If you want a professional look for a beautiful gun, spring for the triggerguard. Don't afro-engineer it. Bulge.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Barrel Bulger says "By the way I just picked up a 80 triggerguard in nickle like new for $50. If you want a professional look for a beautiful gun, spring for the triggerguard. Don't afro-engineer it. Bulge"

Other than his racial problems which he displays continually he has no idea of what looks good.

There is nothing that looks worse than the nickle trigger guard he is telling you to purchase ( for $250 retail) on a blue receiver

If you note- Krieghoff went back to the rounded trigger guard on K20s because they look better. Filling that small gap with a contrasting color is easy and makes it look custom

PS that red wood will have little value- no matter if you keep it pristine or not

Regards again from Iowa

Gene

6. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if we knew then what we know now...

7. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

...send the K80 nickle trigger guard to Ottsville and they will trade you for a blue one - charge you though, but worth a phone call.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

The nickel K-80 triggerguard is not for sale. I sent the model 32 out to a finisher to have it nickeled. I am going to use the nickel triggerguard on the model 32 that was sent out to be refinished. I don't know where numbnutz is getting the info that the triggerguard was for sale or offered to anyone. His comprehension skills seem to be at a minimal level. If you read my post mentioning the nickel triggerguard I never said I wanted anyone to buy it. Old numbnutz just likes to stir the shxx with me but he doesn't seem to have enough intelligence to read a post thoroughly before making comments. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
k-80 san remo

k32 san remo