1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 Fore Arm Comes Loose

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jkortte, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkortte

jkortte Member

I just got my son a used Krieghoff K32 last weekend while shooting it, the fore arm came off after about 20 shots. I figured he may of not got it fully lached so no big deal. He keep shooting and it did it again. I looked but don't seam to see the cause. The latch spring seams to have plenty of spring pressure. Any one run into this before?

2. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Yes, check the screws in the forearm iron from the topside. Mine required some loctite after a well respected smith got done tinkering with mine. WHat a headache.

Usually the rearmost screw w/ flathead head on it. You can try tightening it down, but it will work loose again. Some semi-perm. loctite and no problems with mine.

Also, be careful, that screw is soft, don't over-torque it (or should I say, attempt to)

3. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Not seeing first hand..I would bet that the forend lug tip is short and on recoil after along with weak spring..allows catch to slip over lug end. Have been there and done that. Will require Smith Service to Fix. Good Luck with K32 Great Guns. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

4. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi jkortte, when you put the forarm on the gun do you have to push the latch up a little bit to get it to set all the way down?

if the latch does not snap all the way up into position when the forearm is put on the gun the fit between the latch in the forearm and the lug on the bbl might be just a little to tight. this allows the latch to disengage from the lug as the gun is shot with the possability of the forearm falling off while shooting the gun.

if you have any questions call (573)286-9905 jd28hd@aol.com doug hubbart gunsmith

5. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Good call, Doug, that is where I would start. Also check the shape of the lug and how it interfaces with the latch. Some folks try and tighten these up by peening the lug from one side or another and can end up with the condition that Doug describes above. And if the shape is not right would worsen that problem.

Have fun with it, you couldn't give me $20K for mine right now. I am shooting it very well.

Courtney

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It could be a much worse problem than that= headspace could be way over

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.