1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

K32 Bbl Hangers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bridgetoofar, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but..... is a K32 fixed choke hanger the same as a K80 fixed choke hanger? Also, what are the measurements in proportion the hanger number and to the POI they are supposed to shoot? Just bought an early K32 and the hanger is not marked. It shoots way too high for what I'm going to do with the gun. Looking for a hanger to do about 60/40.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Measure the distance from the top of hanger to the bottom of hanger with a caliper-

record measurement- and pattern height

Call Krieghoff and advise them of what you want and purchase hanger(s) accordingly

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

The k32 and k80 hangers are "supposed" to be interchangeable for fixed barrels. Lowering the number of the hanger is supposed to raise the POI. They say a number 7 should shoot flat. For 60/40 I hear a 5 is the way to go.

That's advice may be worth what you paid for it so good luck.

Paul

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Where a barrel shoots is particular to an individual gun- not the hanger

A hanger will move a pattern center a certain distance but you have to have the index figured on your own

Gene

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Where the bottom barrel shoots is relative to the top barrel. So the distance between the two is the key factor. of course no one can say that a number "x" will give a certain POI. I was speaking in general terms.

I also said free advice is worth what you pay for it. Gene's method would be the only way to know for sure other than just trying one and seeing what results you get.

Good luck, Paul

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

old hangers weren't marked. you can get some poi change by prying apart center lug or lowering it by squeezing together & it will affect both bbls, not just the bottom.

7. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Guess I'll have to call KI with the measurements and then take my best guess. Right now the top bbl shoots right where I'm looking and the botton bbl is 90% high. This is going to be a flyer gun, so I need the bottom bbl to hit a bit high, but not this high. I guess I can't really go by stamped numbers. Some say a #7 is 50/50. My current K80 has a #5 and that's 50/50. My last K80 had a #6 and that was 50/50. Still need to know if a K80 hanger works on a K32.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.