1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

k32 barrel hanger loose, need advice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lance S, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance S

Lance S TS Member

Hello Trapshooters,

Long time listener, first time caller. I have a k32 trap o/u whose lower barrel is slightly loose inside the hanger. With the gun broken down, if I gently pull the two barrels apart at the hanger the lower barrel moves back and forth inside the hanger just slightly. I am concerned that there shouldn't be any play whatsoever, except to have enough to slide the hanger out for replacement. Don't get em wrong, it's not a huge amount of slop, it's not rattling around in there, but it is enough to clearly see and feel the barrel move a little. Should I be concerned? The gun is new to me, I have about 1400 rounds through it, other than that I am very happy with the gun.

Also, I am considering swaping the wood out for k80 wood with adjustable comb. Can I just replace the trigger gaurd to match the new wood or will the gaurd on a k80 not fit a 32?

Thanks in advance.

lance

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thats ok- actually the barrel is meant to move forward and backward within the hanger and also as it heats up it enlarges thus causing that elongation but also a slight expansion

Its a design feather to keep POI the same regardless of heat or heat from firing

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Lance S

Lance S TS Member

Gene,

Thanks for the help, I won't sweat it then. I was also wondering what hanger I should be using for the bottom barrel to shoot the same poi as the top. Though kreighoff's website says the hangers are stamped, mine is not. Is there a way to tell what hanger I have through measuring the distance between the barrels at the end and again at the breach maybe?

Thanks,

lance

4. high 2

high 2 Member

Try looking on the other side of the hanger. Sometimes people put them on with the stamp turned in towards the receiver. You will still need to shoot the new hanger. A #4 on your Krieghoff might shoot totally different on another. Larry

5. Lance S

Lance S TS Member

Hmmm, interesting. So there isn't a general hanger number for a neutral poi? Stange that they would change that much from one gun to another. I guess I will have to just pattern it to find out. I probably need to it anyway.

Thanks for the help. I did btw check the back of the hanger, no stamp. My 32 is in the 5xxx number range so maybe they weren't stamping them back then, no worries. I am breaking birds with the gun so it's not an accuracy issue as much as a basic knowlege issue.

Thanks for the help.

Any thoughts on whether or not a k80 trigger gaurd is compatible with the k32?

Lance

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The K-80 trigger guard will screw into the Model 32 receiver the only difference is at the other end. The k-80 is tear drop shaped and the Model 32 triggerguard is rounded on the end. That is why there is a difference in the cutout in the wood. Bulge.

7. g7777777

most K32 hangers dont have a number on them. The top barrel has a POI relative to the water table ( ie how it sets in the monoblock) so what you need to do is pattern the gun to see where the top and bottom barrel POI are

Most people do not want the barrels to pattern in the same place

Gene

8. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

Simply stated, a 32 trigger guard will fit on K80 wood but K80 guard will not fit on 32 wood due to its elongation. I also have a 32 with no number on the barrell hanger.

9. Lance S

Lance S TS Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. That's just what I needed. My thought was to upgrade at some point to k80 wood so I just need to know if I should shop for a gaurd as well. The gap won't bother me.

Regarding the poi, I will just have to pattern it. I know from shooting it that it shoots pretty flat which is fine. I know most want different poi's on the barrels but I use the gun primarily for sporting clays so I want a consistent barrel poi.

Thanks again for all the help.

Best regards,

lance

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

It takes only a little inletting for the K-80 trigger guard to work on the M32. The gaurd stud length is critical as it holds the cross pin. A small piece of metal can be fashioned to fill the gap if going the other way. Jeff

11. g7777777

Or just plastic wood for the gap- stain black- touch of finish and it looks like ebony for the gap-- dont forget to put some releasing agent on the trigger guard when you do that- even spam will work

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. high 2

high 2 Member

I have a piece that was made to fill in that area. It has a pin on the back side that you tap in the wood. Dont have a clue who made it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

barrel loose in barrel hanger

k32 barrel hanger

where to find number on hanger for kreighoff